What's new

SVS Question CS+ vc PC+ (1 Viewer)

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All,
After all the reading I have done, and current watching of LOTR, I have decided I need a better sub setup. 2 Def Tech BP2000tl's with power 15" just don't cut it:frowning: But my question is this, which SVS should I go with, I have definatly decided it will be a 16-46, possibly 2, but which is better? And why? The CS+ can use external amplification, so this is appealing in the long run as I would like to add another Rotel RB-1090 in the future, but, does the CS+ sound just as good as the PC+ with built in amplification?
Thanx much
Kris
I looked up redundant in the dictionary, uhh, it said see redundant?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
"does the CS+ sound just as good as the PC+ with built in amplification?"

Well since no one but SVS has heard one I'll have to chime in.

Yes.

In many cases, for most users, a PC-Plus might sound BETTER given the host of tweaks to the amp and features like adjustable subsonic filter. Compare that with the more questionable (though hardly difficult) task of lashing up some spare amp (we know how the Samsons work of course) and having to run "as is" or add the subsonic filtering for instance. Most folks with CS type subs get by with none (keeping calibrations in check accordingly) but for the "fire and forget" crowd (for which I consider myself one) the PC-Plus might simply be an easier way to get that perfect sound in your room.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks