What's new

Survivor - Blood vs. Water Season 27 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
ChristopherG said:
The idea of returning players doesn't bother me as much who those returning players are. Colton was a pretty despicable person his last time out, I think I actually stopped watching that season because of him.
I also almost stopped watching, but did finish it after he left. I did in fact actually stopped watching BB for several seasons after sleazy Evil Dick and his daughter won it a while ago.

Have a feeling contestants like Colton will be the norm for a while, especially with the Big Brother 15 things happening this summer, it somehow seems to have become popular to dig deep and stir up racist, bigoted trouble, although somehow Andy the "Ginger Queen" has survived BB so far (that was not meant as a bigoted comment, just his general demeanor). The networks just see $$$ and love the latest controversies.

Hopefully they don't ruin Amazing Race by falling to this low of a level.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Rupert is still the big lovable galoot of Survivor - and he's still dumb as a post. That's why he could play this game 100 times and never, ever win.

I was willing to give Colton the benefit of the doubt but it took him exactly one episode to return to his lazy, obnoxious, passive-agressive ways.

The returning players' tribe is as a pretty big disadvantage in physical challenges, in part thanks to Rupert's stupidity, but I still wouldn't bet against them.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
When Probst said there would be an immediate vote at the start of the game everyone in my house shouted "COULTON!" and I cannot believe he didn't get a single vote. Even the player from the season he was on was unhappy he was there and didn't vote for him. WTF? Something must have happened that wasn't shown to make everyone vote the way they did.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if the overly-dramatic-ness of "loved ones" going to redemption island is going to sit well with me. I was already rolling my eyes when Candice's hubby got all verklempt by the first vote to kick Candice over to RI.

Coulton. Ugh.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
D'ya suppose there's any chance Colton and Rupert can get each other out of the game...like by the next episode?

Or sooner? :biggrin:
Patrick Sun said:
Not sure if the overly-dramatic-ness of "loved ones" going to redemption island is going to sit well with me. I was already rolling my eyes when Candice's hubby got all verklempt by the first vote to kick Candice over to RI.
+1 I think the gimmick is a non-starter. And $#%@& Redemption Island?

I'll be watching. I've never missed an episode. But I don't think it's going to be good.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
What the heck was Gervais jumping up and down and rooting like an idiot. He almost cost them the immunity challenge. I think he'a on the short list to be headed home.

I like the alliance of the five guys on the relatives side. They stick together, they're going to the end. At least from one very heavily edited episode, they've got the brains and athleticism to succeed.What happened with Gervais being so far behind? Looks like they made a big edit and jump in continuity because it seemed like suddenly both boats were suddenly untied at the dock nearly at the same time. I thought teams had to wait until everybody arrived before they could start diving to untie the boats, but looked like Gervais' team was able to start without him.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. I actually missed the CBS Broadcast Wednesday night as my DVR didn't grab the show.

So I watched it with my wife..streaming it over cbs.com on my laptop feeding it into my HT via an HDMI cable.
puke.gif

THAT didn't help me appreciate the show! :laugh:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The whole "Gervase is holding his team back" thing was overblown. The boats were pretty even by the time both teams had them untied. The shaky paddling cost much more time than Gervase. That said, he was awful.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Not sure if I like the relatives there or not. Will wait and see how this pans out. But so far, not liking the possibility of a duo-team that I'm sure will come into play before too long.

But I do wish for a "back-to-the-basics" season. Less gimmicks, and more surviving. Less rice portions, and more fishing. Less screened talent, and more average Joes. Less 2nd chances (endless hidden idols, clues, redemption island), and more "get it right or your gone". And a season full of new people! A season promoted as tougher "surviving" (more like the first few seasons), would be well received, and a welcome change of pace.

And here's one more look-a-like: Vytas & guitar legend Clapton

Untitled.png
Eric+Clapton.png

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Way behind I just watched the the first episode today. WTH?! No one voted for Colton?I would of reminded everyone of what a cancer he is and that it is better to cut it out right away.Very disappointed that Candice got voted out but I wold guess the fact that she is very good looking and a doctor played against her.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I would say that Colton is acting like a 4 year-old, but that would be an insult to 4 year-olds.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I was very happy to see Rupert go out first. I find watching him to be tiring. He may be the only person on Survivor whose schtick is actually his real personality, but is still the most extreme and annoying schtick on the show. (Makes sense to me anyway.) :)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Really Charlie? More extreme and annoying than Colton? Geri? Richard?? Russell??? Brandon?!?!?!?!?!?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Dheiner said:
Really Charlie? More extreme and annoying than Colton? Geri? Richard?? Russell??? Brandon?!?!?!?!?!?
Yes, really. :)

Caveat: It was more painful to watch Brandon, but he didn't look like he was doing schtick. He just looked like a disturbed guy in need of help. I have no doubt Rupert is like that in real life, which makes it only bizarre because it looks like such an over the top act.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm kinda surprised Rupert hasn't ended up on the WWE...

And, Hanson...that's just creepy. ROTFLMAO...but creepy, nevertheless! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks