What's new

Superboy Coming To DVD (1 Viewer)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Hi Guys and Gals,

This is for any fans of the old syndicated Superboy TV show...

Apparently Gerard Christopher owns the rights to the show (he has a few VHS for sale at his site). Anyways, he has recently stated that he is prepping the series for DVD release, and that it will even include an interview with the first season Superboy, Newton. I would have NEVER thought this series would see the light of day on DVD. It was a childhood favorite of mine. Thought I would pop by and post the info over here. I am psyched about this. I hope it arrives soon. :)

Anyways, the link is here.

Zack

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Apparently Gerard Christopher owns the rights to the show (he has a few VHS for sale at his site).
Does he own the rights to all four seasons? That would be strange considering he wasn't even on the show the first year. I'd love to have this on DVD though. A cheesy but fun take on Superman's college years. And the last two seasons served as somewhat of a precursor to The X-Files.

Now if we can only get a DVD release of the show that aired back-to-back with Superboy. SUPER FORCE!!!

ZackR

Supporting Actor
After re-reading, it appears that it refers only to his 3 seasons and not to the first, to which he was not related in any way. I hope those appear sometime though. . . I liked Newton's Superboy portrayal. It was the first I ever saw when I was a kid.

Edit: I just emailed Gerard via his website concerning the first season. I will post any response I get here.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I really hope this works out. And the best way to stop piracy is to release the product.

JohnAP

Second Unit
One of the most recent issues of Spectrum Magazine included an interview with the Superboy star to accompany their Smallville coverage. This might be a good release to coincide with the Smallville dvds.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
mmmmmmmm......young Stacy Haiduk
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Havent seen his show in forever

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks