What's new

Super Speedway: The Mach II SE-Better? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
As Rob said, it is very loud. Part of that is the need to adjust your volume down 4 dB relative to normal listening levels. (According to my Lexicon processor, the ref offset for Super Speedway is 0 dB as opposed to the -4 dB of most other DVDs.)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Well, I keep Dialogue Normalization OFF on my Denon and this disc still sounds louder than everthing else.

GregK

Screenwriter
The 1st Superspeedway DVD has a DD dial Norm setting of
31, which is the top of the dial morm scale and will
sound the same with dial norm mode on or off.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I don't know enough to intelligently speak about the differences between Dolby Digital and DTS but isn't it true that DTS is typically "louder" than the DD version. Forgive my ignorance but I don't know the proper way to describe it.
Given that people say the DD version is already extremely loud relative to other DVD's what's going to happen with the DTS version of SS? Any guesses? Will there be some sort of compensation for this effect?
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
This is one of the best IMAX films ever made in my opinion. The footage is excellent. Michael Andretti drives the main race car, while Mario Andretti drives the camera car. You have to watch the "making of" documentary to get the full appreciation of how awesome the filming of this movie is. Oh, and as everyone as said, it is loud.
Incidentally the first release has the most languages of any disc I've seen. It even includes Mandarin Chinese.
------------------

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
thank you for naming that track by Dire Straights - a 2 year old question!
time to buy the CD.
ps. the Jordan DVD is cropped!
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.