Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Not so sure about some of the music in the trailer, but count me in. I'm sure it will be excellent and I can't wait to play a new 2D Mario adventure after a decade of nothing new.

Some other good announcements today as well. A nice looking Super Mario RPG remake, a HD collection of Pikmin 1 & 2, and a HD port of the excellent Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon from the 3DS all caught my eye.

I think that last one in particular pleases me. Great game that will be even better on the big screen. Hopefully it sells well and Nintendo will dip into the 3DS well a few more times for porting candidates now that the library of 1st/2nd party Wii U exclusives is close to being tapped out (Xenoblade Chronicles is perhaps the last obvious one that surely will be revisited).

I'd personally love to see Metroid: Samus Returns, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D & Majora's Mask 3D, and especially A Link Between Worlds all getting the HD remaster treatment from Nintendo's 1st party 3DS lineup.

And while I personally don't think of them as 3DS games, Luigi's Mansion (GameCube & 3DS) and Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U & 3DS) both deserve another look on the Switch or a successor platform. Last time they were released was late in the life of the 3DS and they both sold poorly as a result since few were still actively buying and playing 3DS releases (Samus Returns also suffered this fate).

Luigi's Mansion in particular came very late and I never even saw it stocked locally.

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll bite on Wonder and especially Super Mario RPG that I've been dying to play for years. When the rumour of a popular SNES game started floating I was sure it would be Chrono Trigger (which I still want) but this is a really nice surprise.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I really like the strategy of announcing games less than 6 months from release. It shows a ton of confidence in the quality of the games and helps make gamers feel like Nintendo always has something good coming, even if we don't know about it.

Even if everything they announced doesn't appeal to me or I don't plan on double-dipping, it was still a great show.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Years of boring New SMB games (which have plagued four Nintendo consoles) make me wary about Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Underneath all the fun novelty moments in the (admittedly great) trailer, I'm left with a feeling of wonder... as in I wonder if they're hiding another sterile, repetitive party game under all that colorful promise. We'll see!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Years of boring New SMB games (which have plagued four Nintendo consoles) make me wary about Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Underneath all the fun novelty moments in the (admittedly great) trailer, I'm left with a feeling of wonder... as in I wonder if they're hiding another sterile, repetitive party game under all that colorful promise. We'll see!
I hope it's not a part game. I can't imagine I'll ever play it with another person, much less 3 others.
That said, I'm tempted to buy the vouchers and pre-ordering this and either Mario RPG or Zelda Tears as the second game. Not likely any of these will go on sale for a bit. I was going to hold off on Zelda until a deluxe with DLC gimmick came out in a few years but I'm getting tempted to play it after I wrap up my current game.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This looks like a great game if a.persin is a SMB fan, which I'm not. I was more of a Sonic fan back in the day.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Wonder looks wonderful. I like the exploration touch. the timers stress me out on these games so being able to explore is totally my jam. Not sure I'll bite on it for full price since I'm already laden down with games I haven't played (Mario Odyssey is sitting unplayed right now on my Switch!) but I'll get it eventually.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wonder looks wonderful. I like the exploration touch. the timers stress me out on these games so being able to explore is totally my jam. Not sure I'll bite on it for full price since I'm already laden down with games I haven't played (Mario Odyssey is sitting unplayed right now on my Switch!) but I'll get it eventually.
I never see much in the way of sales for Nintendo games. How long has Zelda: Breath of The Wind been out and it is still near full.price?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I never see much in the way of sales for Nintendo games. How long has Zelda: Breath of The Wind been out and it is still near full.price?
They're rare but happen. I got BOTW with DLC, Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 and That Mario game with Bowsers Fury all for 20% or so off. I don't think I've seen them cheaper. Nintendo-tax is real, but I bought a Switch for access to these games so I'm not complaining too much.

The vouchers sounds like a deal, but they're not much of one in the Canada store.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I kind of like the fact that Nintendo games never go on sale. It incentives me to just buy them right away. If I know a Square Enix game will be $30 in a few months then a GoTY edition with DLC will be $40 in a year, I just hold off and lose interest. And now I don't even buy MS or Sony games since they end up on their subs.

Mario Wonder looks like a great time and I'm excited for it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Ha! I was able to pre-order both Mario Wonder and RPG using airmiles points so I get the physical cartridge basically for free. :cool:

I won't have them day one, but that don't matter, I ain't gonna be playing them right away regardless. I'm just excited to get the two games I'm really curious for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks