What's new

Sunfire Symphonic Reference series... any feedback? (1 Viewer)

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently considering some pre-amplifiers, and I stumbled upon a Sunfire Symphonic Reference pre-amp for a cheap price in Brazil. My other choices are the Quad 99 preamo, the Adcom GFP-750, the Audio Research LS3, the Jeff Rowland Consonance and the Rotel RC-1090. I can't find none other preamp around here, so choice must be made among these. Which would you recommend, and why? I need some gain on output, as my power, Mccormack DNA 0.5 is only 100w.

David Judah

Screenwriter
I compared it with an Adcom pre around $1000. The Sunfire was warmer and fuller sounding than the Adcom which is decent in its own right, but was thin in comparison.

DJ

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
How about the Quad 99? Heard good things about it, just not sure if it can keep up with the rest.

Dean Arizona

Agent
You may want to look at the B&K PT5. The unit has excellent specs (see B&K's website for details). I've seen it offered on-line for less than $700.00 (non-authorized dealers). The only exception I have with the unit is that it doesn't have separate, manually operated treble and bass controls located on the faceplate (which I believe the Sunfire P/P has).
Let us know what decision you make. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks