What's new

Suggestions for this type of music (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Hey dudes,
I was thinking about that Sting song, the one with the Jag in it (I think its called Desert Rose). Anyway, theres another guy in the song doing a wierd kind of singing that I really dig. Seems kinda like an Aribic thing, but I could be on crack.

Can you guys recomend any artists that sing this type of music (what type of music is it?). I dont even know the guy's name that collaborated with Sting on the song.

I didn't do a search because I'm not even sure what to search for :b

Thanks,
Marshall

Pamela

Supporting Actor
The guy who sings with Sting is Cheb Mami. He is Algerian and he has a bunch of CDs released. There is a Pakistani singer, Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn, who is quite popular. He died in 1997. I recall him being on the soundtrack to "Dead Man Walking." You might want to check him out. Lots of stuff by him.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Ali Khan is quite good. He appears on the score to Dead Man Walking - not to be confused with the other disc of music "inspired by the motion picture" which is also pretty good. That disc has Tom Waits, Springsteen, and a killer Lyle Lovett tune :)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
You might want to also check out Khaled. He is best known for his song from The Fifth Element (think the taxi scene).

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks