What's new

Suggestions For $700 (1 Viewer)

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator
Now will I get the full effect of this speaker with the speaker firing toward luch carpet, or will the bass response be dampered because of the carpet? Thanks!
Will the bass response be dampened or will the output be drastically changed because of the carpet? No, not really. People have placed marble slabs and all sorts of other stuff beneath downward firing subs but that is usually to give tighter bass etc. A hard plate beneath a sub is more of a tuning accessory. Its not like the sub is going to play 9db lower because its on a carpet. You may even like the sound better than if it were on a hardwood or concrete floor or if it had a base. Mine is on a carpet.

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
Yea I checked on the SVS line, but too rich for blood! So the PB12 firing into carpet will give me better home theater bass than the Sony SAWM500 firing forward in the same room? Thanks for the info.

Edwin_C

Stunt Coordinator
either s&v or htm did a review on the studio series mixed with a power series sw.. they said it didn't mix well at all. so think about that.

anyways.. you guys gotta keep in mind that his room is only 12x13. the S26 is suffice for what you need if you want to go with JBL. for the money, they're great.

don't mix the northridge series with the studio. they may have some similar technology, but the biggest difference hits when it comes to the tweeter. the S series uses a 1-inch titanium whereas the N series uses a 3/4-inch titanium laminate.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
John,

If you have'nt purchased your speakers yet, have a look at psb alpha's, that's what I have, they are probably the best budget speaker on the go, also look at fluance, dont let the lack of the big name fool you, and the cheap price, they are good speakers.

Sound and Vision is probably the best mag for budget home theater users like us!

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
John,

So the PB12 firing into carpet will give me better home theater bass than the Sony SAWM500 firing forward in the same room?
I had a chance to audition the PB12, and it isnt a bad sub at all, but I wasnt impress with it either. I havent heard the SA-WM500, but I do think you get more for your money with it.

I already order a SA-WX700 to finish my second HT, twin 10'' one foward one down could be a good option, having a 250amp as the JBL and bieng in the same price range. You wont find reviews of this baby, beacause it so new. If you can hold, I think I will recieve it in a couple of weeks and I will post a review in here as soons as I can get my hands on it.

But the best advice that I can give you is go and audition the three subs Sony SA-WM500, Sony SA-WX700 and PB12, and see what its best for your ears.

Hope it helps,
Pablo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks