What's new

Suggestion For Alien Quad Replacement Packaging (1 Viewer)

Bill Hunt

Insider
If someone comes up with a solution, and creates really awesome custom cover art, please let ME know. I'd love to see it. You could practically read War and Peace in the time it takes to unfold this set... ;-)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Should we just tell Fox they use a crapy adhesive for their use on The Alien Quadrilogy Digipacks? I mean, would this be a viable solution since we are fed up with this.:angry:

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
It's not just the Alien Quadrilogy, I've also had glue issues with both of the "24" season sets. I honestly think it boils down to the fact that these Fox fold-out sets use glossy coated paper. Most other folding sets (LOTR EE's, Fight Club, Band of Brothers, etc.) are made with either uncoated or matte coated paper, and the glue just adheres to the backing better.

Does anyone know how many Thinpaks will fit in the Quadrilogy slipcase? If it's possible to get all nine discs in the box that way, I'd be a happy camper. Not as happy as I'd be if we could get the JDM head or book packaging, but pretty close.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Shane,
Same with me for 24! It's not mine but girlfriend's... :D
That IS true with my Fight Club and LOTR EE's! The glue stays on there like a frickin' vise on permanent 'lock'! Don't know if it's the same for other titles because I don't have them yet. I agree the slipcase should remain glossy and the digipack should remain matte finish.
Ray

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Dan,
My copy of X-Men 1.5 is fine...
Ray

P.S. My girlfriend hasn't yet told me whether the digipack is faulty or not of her copy of 24 Season 1. I'll let you guys know...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had a problem with 1 of the 24 box sets digipacks falling apart at least not yet. Although when I opened that set up already one of the holders was separated from the paper, and that was something I found to be just sad. I don't mind a digipack that holds 4 discs, 3 disc digipacks are wonderful for me but I hate 6 and up digipacks I deeply and truly do.

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
I highly recommend Darthvong's "Alien Quadrilogy" covers over at dvdcoverart.com. He made covers for all 4 movies and one for the supplement disc. I've printed them out and they are truly awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks