What's new

Subwoofer - shake the DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Pierre Wygant

Auditioning
Hello excellent fellow Home theater fans,

I have recently purchased a big screen TV with a large rustic entertainment center which encloses the TV pretty nice. I will also be reciving the addon sidpiece which hides the components such as receiver, DVD player etc.

My question is somewhat of a "what do you think nature" but I wanted to check with you before I did som major remodeling. My wife wants me to hide the subwoofer. This is actually possible since the side piece of the entertainement center will be able to "house" the unit on the bottom shelf behind the wooden door. (with small jig saw job on the backl to let it stick out)I have then decided to remove the front of the cabinet door an replace the wood with "speaker friendly material" since it is front firing.

If the subwoofer is inside the cabinet, do you think it would shake enough to make the DVD player skid?

Any input would be appreciated?

Pierre!

StephenL

Second Unit
I wouldn't recommend placing a subwoofer in the cabinet with other components. I've had problems with DVDs and CDs skipping even when the subwoofer is several feet away.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
My DVD player skips when we have the music up loud (using an SVS 20-39PCi, several feet from DVD player). Solution: haven't come across one yet. Any recommendations?

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Chuck,
Cheap fix,
www.PartsExpress.com
Polished Brass/Gold Isolation Cones.
Part#240-720
Comes with 4-height adjustable cones, 4- flat receptacles, and 8-foam cushions.
Price-$20.95
Type in product # in product search box and you get a pic and explanation....
Work quite well and are not but ugly. There are others type styles and brands that can get very expensive.
Excellent product price to performance!
Regards
Geoff

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Do these things connect to the DVD player itself or the dvd-player cabinet? Does it matter that I have burbur carpet that's about as soft as a hardwood floor?

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Chuck,
You can set them under the original feet on the player, or choose to "remove the original feet" as I do and set the bottom of the DVD players chassie/case onto the feet.
The idea is to keep vibrations from being transfered to the DVD player or any component their used under. Allot of people use them for turn-tables/recored players.
=======>
As far a your burbur carpet, you lost me on that one!:confused:
=======>
Is the DVD player setting on the carpeted floor?
Is the player on a shelf in an entertainment center, in a componet rack, or just what?
Geoff

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Chuck,
My DVD player skips when we have the music up loud (using an SVS 20-39PCi, several feet from DVD player). Solution: haven't come across one yet. Any recommendations?
The Aurios media isolation bearings are the best isolation device I have come across. They can be a little pricey, but Link Removed sells them at about half off retail. Not only do they isolate the equipment, but in doing so improve the sound as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks