What's new

Studio 40 stands - Saw them once here, can't find them now! (1 Viewer)

GarryW

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a posting or link to a fellow members site that showed a pair of Studio 40's on stands that I'd like to purchase. They were not the Pardigm stands. The support post looked heavy duty, looking like they used a round (not oval) pipe from the bottom to the top plate.
Does anybody what I'm talking about? :confused:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Garry,
Pretty sure you are talking about the Osiris stands. They used to be featured on Audiogon prominently and were a great value at $250 for the pair (they originally retailed for close to $500). Unfortunately, that link has been removed from Audiogon and you would be hard pressed to find them now seeing as the company went out of business.
Here is a link to someone who has them, are these what you are talking about?
Look Here

Ed Haze

Agent
Garry,
If it those Osiris stands in the picture above, check on AudioAsylum.com and search for them in the classifieds. Osiris went out of business, and this guy bought up most of their excess. Here is the link:
Link Removed
Unfortunately I wanted the 19"(I was told 24.5"Stands were too high for the 40s) Osiris Stands for my newly bought Studio 40s, but he only has a few pairs left and the price is about $100 more. So for me, $350 stands were a bit out of my budget. I ended up with these:
http://www.audio-direct.com/cgi-bin/...emnum=PRO-20-B
Also offered in platinum, they are full steel construction w/ 3 fillable pillars, very sturdy IMO.

GarryW

Stunt Coordinator
Eric & Ed:
Thanks! That was the picture I was thinking of and after searching this forum for about a week, I kinda gave up.
This was the only thing I saw that looked close:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...ID=16142&DID=7
I know that the tweeter height should match the ear level of the listener while sitting. Being that the Studio 40 is 21 1-/2" high, I don't think going over 20" is a good idea? :confused:
I can see why 24" would be too tall for most of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks