What's new

STRYKE AUDIO Dual Power 15.4 subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Does anyone know anything about these subs. I know they are DIY set-ups but this one utilizes (2)15" woofers and (4) 18" passive radiators!A review by Tom Nousaine of the smaller prototype of the above were 110.5dB at 16Hz and 110.1dB at 20Hz! This appears to be the highest recorded by TN Communications to date for any single subwoofer system. http://www.stryke.com/kits.htm

A

Anthony_Gomez

I heard the 15.1 (smaller one) and it is rather impressive! You DO need to eq the responce though (especially for the inductanve hump). This EQing is pretty common to many of the DIY folk who use high excursion drivers.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The HE15 driver is also on its' second generation. So the new one has over a litre more displacement ability. I think the inductance hump around 70hz as also been tamed as well. But like Anthony said a decent parametric EQ is a good idea with this sub.

Bob Sorel would be the guy to get in touch with if you would like some first hand impressions of this beast of a sub.

A

Anthony_Gomez

The new HE15/UE15 may come in two versions. a low inductance version and a normal inductance verion. The low inductance version will also feature a copper farraday ring and will have about 3mh of inductance. This one will not need EQing, but the other one will.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I own/built a pair of the 15.2s (driven by a Crown K2 + parametric EQ). Besides a large IB design, I haven't heard a commercial or DIY solution that approaches the output and musicality of the Stryke kit. This may change with the new Adire and Stryke drivers on the horizon...
More info can be found on Stryke's website...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks