What's new

Strange Food Combinations that taste good (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Try stir frying cut-up chicken in crunchy peanut butter. The peanut butter is oily enough to support the frying. It's really good. Chinese restauraunts around here call it "strange taste" chicken....

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite sandwich...
bologna, golden french's mustard, Jif peanut butter,
and pickles on wheat bread.
Yum!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I'll second peanut butter and mayo. I used to eat peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwiches as a kid, and I'd always tell people it was pb and mayo. They'd think it was gross. Then a buddy in college actually ate pb and mayo, and got me to try it. Not bad at all!

Here's a strange one, don't know how good it is. At the Superbowl last year, my friends made pasta with scallops, and we put caviar on top. Their two year old didn't like the pasta and scallops, so he ate caviar and cheese doodles. He seemed to like it.

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
chocolate chip cookies wrapped in a leaf of lettuce ...

PB&J w/ bananas & bacon

Crab and scallop omelete w/ sour creme (My daughter loves this too)

Cucumber sandwiches on pumpernickel with a cream cheese/dill spread

Mustard sandwich(Dijon on 1 slice yellow on other) w/ a glass of pickle juice

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I can think of some combos that DON'T taste good together:
1. Poop and Vanilla Ice Cream. Imagine eating melting Vanilla Ice Cream and finding a short, fat log of poop covered in vanilla ice cream... and then cutting it up and putting it in your mouth. (poop not really being a food, but still wouldn't taste good just the same).
2. okay I can't think of anymore because I'm already going to puke because of my description of poop and vanilla ice cream.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I make a meatball hourderve in the crockpot for parties. The meatballs are normal homemade meatballs, but the sauce is grape jelly, chilli sauce and dijon mustard. Sounds atrocious, but tastes amazing. And the meatballs soak up all the flavor too, making them better.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Don - If you add beer to the crockpot and substitute link sausages for meatballs, this is the same recipe for my last girlfriend's beer-weenies. Yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm!!!

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
I think this can be better served if put into an equation ...
Currently it stands as
Poop + Vanilla Ice Cream = Nasty
New version
Poop + X = Nasty
I think after doing the math you will find that X equals any other available food item or anything non-edible for that matter ...
And to keep this on a theater/movie related theme ...
Critical Bill in 'Things to do in Denver ...' would disagree ... Since he was a Fecal Freak ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks