What's new

Sternum popping - is this normal? (1 Viewer)

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Since health questions seem to get a pretty good response on this forum, I thought I'd throw this out there.

When I stretch, if I push my shoulders back and stick out my chest, my sternum pops - similar to cracking your knuckles. It seems to happen after I've been sitting for a while (I sit a lot at my job). This just started happening recently (maybe over the past month or so), but I'm only 22 years old. It's not painful, just a dull pop.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? My ex-girlfriend used to have this happen and I couldn't understand it. Now it happens to me too. I don't have the best posture, so maybe I just need to stop slouching.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
When I was 22 I could pop just about any part of my body.
20 years later I wouldn't pop being hit with a baseball bat... I dont think it's a problem at 22

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
Hey my whole body cracks like Bruce Lee in Dragon when I try to strain a fart, so I doubt you got anything to worry about.

Chris

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My sternum does it too! Glad to hear that it happens to others...although it could mean we all have the same abnormality...

Hey, if anyone experiences any serious health side effects from sternum popping, post it here would you? ;)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Hey, if anyone experiences any serious health side effects from sternum popping, post it here would you?

The only thing I can think that might happen is this:

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator
Mine started to do it after I took a helmet right onto the sternum in High School playing football. Thought it was just something that got knocked out of whack.

Been doing it for over 10 years now and I'm still alive, so its probably no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks