What's new

Stereo Tower Speaker Suggestion (1 Viewer)

aaron_d

Agent
Hello everyone
Can any of you suggest a tower speaker used for music? I have been looking at building the GR av3 but I am open to many suggestions. In my opinion the bigger the better. I know it is not always the case but sometimes the bigger they are the nicer they look. I am looking to spend around 500-700 on parts not including wood. But if the speaker looks right i am willing to spend more or less. Thanks!

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
what room are you looking to fill, if you said space isn't a concern i imagin its pretty big, so i wold look at that hurican thing from adire, or a set of pi's from pispeakers.com

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne J's Eros. I have enjoyed it for almost a year now and still amazed by it.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
How big is the room?. How far away is the listening postion from the speakers? And what kind of SPL's are you looking for?

How many speakers is that budget for, 2, 4, 5?

aaron_d

Agent
The budget would be for two speakers. The room is probably 15' by 25-30'. I want a full range speaker. The listening area is probably around 10-14 feet away. I would love to build a speaker that will amaze people. I have built wayne J's HT sorrounds and i am almost finished with a pair of veritas. I will keep the best sounding pair and give the other to my parents home theater system. They despartely need something because what they are using now just doesnt cut it, and my dad loves movies.

Dean Mar

Stunt Coordinator
As ThomasW posted, what kind of SPL are you looking for ? Will you use a sub ? What kind of music do you listen to ?

The more info you can provide, the better the answers will be.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
These are in your budget and will do a good job in a bigger room at your listening distance.

There's a thread about them HERE

aaron_d

Agent
For an SPL reading i would like something of THX certification. I think that deals with SPL. I was looking at Line Arrays and i am pretty impressed by them. Does anyone know of a cheaper pair i could build? I am willing to spend 600 a speaker for them, board and finishing not included in th e budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks