What's new

Steel Battalion (1 Viewer)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
The game does look amazing. But I heard that because it comes with that controler, it is going to retail for around $150. And I think I might be embarassed to have a controler that big lying around my house ... it is like a cockpit or something!

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'm going to pick it up when it comes out. It's hard to believe that, perhaps, the deepest mech-sim ever, is going to be on a console! :eek:
I have to believe that the developers of this game pretty much figure that this is going to be a VERY niche-type of game. Price wise, this probably isn't going to be a huge seller.
...but, stranger things have happened. :crazy:

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I'm getting this game. Man, when I first saw the videos of the game in action I was drooling. That was before I even knew about the controller. I must have this game.

Aaron

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm so there for this game! $160 is nothing for that huge controller, I know someone who paid $180 just for the Virtual On DC controller.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm figuring at the very least I'll be able to recycle the controller in a movie ;)
Think about if this game supports X-Box Live. Mmmmmmmmmmm
Where can I find movie clips?

Gary King

Second Unit
Tekki Online has been confirmed (for Xbox, and possibly PC). However, the first game will not support Xbox Live.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
i can't believe no ones made a joke of the size of the controller in comparison to the X-Box................

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
i can't believe no ones made a joke of the size of the controller in comparison to the X-Box................
The controller is too cool to make fun of! Has ayone seen the full trailer yet? It shows the controller being operated as the mech turns on...Looks fantastic!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
You can download the trailer here Jeff:
Link Removed
(You may need IGN Insider Access:frowning:)

James St

Supporting Actor
No insider required:emoji_thumbsup:. Man this game looks awesome. I hope they can put the controller to good use by releasing several games to take advantage of it. Even at the price of a Cube I'll be picking this up whenever it's released.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Wow, wow, and more wow
I hope the package stays under $150, that's about the max I can swing :frowning:

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Maybe they're planning on Steel Batallion sequels, to make the purchase of that awesome controller more worthwhile? I'll be picking it up regardless.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Japanese price announced, $161 US

I'm expecting $149 (knocking on wood for less, but not betting on it)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks