"Stealth Acoustics" In wall speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by todbnla, Jan 12, 2005.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
  2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

According to their website the sub only goes down to 35Hz +/- 4dB. My *guess* is that a system like this would probably compete well with HTiB systems, but for a much higher price point. But as your wife pointed out, there is certainly a market out there for them.

If your wife is very much excited about in-wall speakers, then take a look at some of the B&W and Klipsch in-wall offers. Depending on what you have now you may be able to actually upgrade while also pleasing the wife!

3. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    Todd,
    I wondered into a theater store this week. In the entrance area there was only a fireplace with a mirror over it. After looking through the display theater rooms the salesman took me back to the entrance area. There appeared to be nothing else there but the fireplace & mirror. Then he took out hie RF remote & said watch this.
    What appeared to be a mirror had a flat plasma TV behind it. Turns out it it is a custom one way mirror. Then he said, "find the speakers". The area was filled with sound without a speaker in sight. Both highs & lows. I know that this area was setup for sales and I was standing in the "sweet spot", but I thought it sounded exceptional. He showed me where the sub & the front 3 speakers were and I still could not find any hint with the surface of the wall that the speakers were there. When I placed my hand over the sub, I could feel the air moving. Like I said they sounded great. I wish they posted more specs on their web site. They mainly have ohms & watts. The 16x30 sub goes down to 35Hz, but the 32x32 goes down to 20Hz.
    Being as every speaker that I have put in my living room, my wife has placed something in front of it, I am definitely looking into these for the living room in my next house this year. They have the highest WAF I have ever seen. I will still keep my theater speakers for the theater, but these will be more than enough for my tv & music listening. I think they would also be good for a living room HT, but I don't think they have the OOMPH for a large theater.
    Dave