What's new

Stay safe, my virtual friends (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I think the movie collecting thing is about to take a hit like everything else in the world these days. I certainly hope you all are able to stay safe and healthy and that you will keep posting here to let us know you're okay.

For many of us on the forum who are in my age group (60-80) this virus is certainly a big concern. At the very least, our lives will change. But, as much as we remain passionate about movies, our health is now front and center priority-wise.

Be well, everyone.

Rick

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I feel like I'm living in a sci-fi/horror movie! I left my cave this afternoon for the first time in 7 days to resupply. People with face masks and latex gloves all looking unhappy in the aisles ….. and with good reason. I went to three different stores. Not a loaf of bread to be found, frozen vegetables gone, the produce department decimated, not even a can of beans (I'm serious!). Forget about toilet paper! Fortunately, cat food was plentiful so Poirot won't starve though if things keep up as they have, he might have to share his food with me! Scary times we're living in. Well, I lived through the AIDS crisis in the 80s and God willing, I'll live through this one. I'll miss going to the movies but I'll have to do with the movies on the shelves instead but then, that's what they're there for, isn't it? My movie buying may be curtailed as when I do get work its in the movie and TV industry and everything is getting shut down so I don't expect there will be any work (at least in my age group) until the crisis is over so money is going to be tight!

Stay safe, people and don't put yourselves at risk. Stay home if you can and catch up on your movie watching.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Seems like I’ll be unaffected with my job (truck
driver). We can’t really stay put- freight keeps
moving, especially those who run food and grocery. I know this country is in a heap of trouble if the trucks are ordered to be shut down
(I seriously doubt this will happen).

Try to muddle through all this everyone, and stay healthy.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Thank you all for your thoughts. The reality of this virus is hitting home in Australia and I fear that our lives will chAnge for the next 4-6 months. Some people have behaved badly towards others; a significant melee in the supermarket last weekend with “adults” fighting (physically) over toilet paper. Like some other lovers of classic cinema I am in the 60-80 age group which potentially can do badly if infected. I wish all my virtual HTF friends well . This may be time to really believe that Stanley Kramer was right; it is a Mad, Mad, World.
Best wishes to all

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Some people have behaved badly towards others; a significant melee in the supermarket last weekend with “adults” fighting (physically) over toilet paper.

Fortunately, there is also the opposite. Many people are going out of their way to be helpful and courteous, trying to help those in need. It's the usual -- a crisis brings out the best and the worst of humanity.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All is well for me and My family so far. However, my mom is in her 70s and therefore at Risk. I am also at Risk. I work in a call center that doesn't have the remote work option and up to now, has not suspended ops. I am also unable to drive due to my disabling condition. Therefore, I take Lyft to work every morning. On another note, I spoke to my friends and former roommates in Florida last night. They have been planning to come to South Carolina to see Family. However, there seems to be talk of suspending all non essential travel on Florida Highways which means they may be stuck in place

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
All is well for me and My family so far. However, my mom is in her 70s and therefore at Risk. I am also at Risk. I work in a call center that doesn't have the remote work option and up to now, has not suspended ops. I am also unable to drive due to my disabling condition. Therefore, I take Lyft to work every morning. On another note, I spoke to my friends and former roommates in Florida last night. They have been planning to come to South Carolina to see Family. However, there seems to be talk of suspending all non essential travel on Florida Highways which means they may be stuck in place
Yes it seems a bit risky to plan any trips that aren’t to the local grocery right now.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I've been house bound for close to two weeks now, as a precaution against getting COVID-19, what with my insulin dependant diabetes, and being over 50.

Travel is something that I personally have no desire for at the moment. I feel bad for those who are stuck anywhere other than their homes right now.

Stay safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks