What's new

Started This Page To Prepare For The Release Of The Classic Flash Gordon Serials On Blu Ray! (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Hi! For the present I have to be vague about the companies involved things behind the scenes are happening but the main goal is to get tons of interest for the page as this would go a long way to cementing the deal! Please like the Page and help get the deal done! These will be authorized editions and might open the vault to other releases. Trying to make the page fun and show that there is interest in these releases. Thank you! https://www.facebook.com/The-Original-Space-Operas-Flash-Gordon-113226364484595

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Have they been either restored or scanned in high def at this point?
All parties know what exists I was in on the conversations which started in July/July/August 2021 and due to that timeframe it would be a first quarter 2022 of the first release, other titles may happen too. Awaiting good news, then official announcements will be made, where we are now is showing an interest in these releases will help nudge this to conclusion. Can say knowing the parties involved these will be great releases. We are dealing with firms that have deep libraries etc so the key is to get them to realize these are also valuable titles and in demand!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I was so happy when these turned up in the 90s with the original title cards. I'd only ever seen the TV versions and figured that was all that survived. Having these in HD would be very nice.
Me too! I am gently trying to move this along the more interest we can show the better!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
All parties know what exists I was in on the conversations which started in July/July/August 2021 and due to that timeframe it would be a first quarter 2022 of the first release, other titles may happen too. Awaiting good news, then official announcements will be made, where we are now is showing an interest in these releases will help nudge this to conclusion. Can say knowing the parties involved these will be great releases. We are dealing with firms that have deep libraries etc so the key is to get them to realize these are also valuable titles and in demand!
I would love to get these on Blu. (I previously owned them on VHS, Laserdisc, and currently have them on DVD).

I am just not sure the purpose of this thread/campaign. Are you saying there is actual progress - deals have been made? The "awaiting good news" doesn't give me a good feeling.

Because I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that there is interest. But from past discussions, it wasn't a lack of interest that was preventing these releases, but a supposedly over-inflated asking price from the current owners.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
VCI had some "big news" for the third one but that was before COVID but is still on their home page. I think Wade Williams might have all three as well. Id get them all if they did get Blu-ray releases! :)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I would love to get these on Blu. (I previously owned them on VHS, Laserdisc, and currently have them on DVD).

I am just not sure the purpose of this thread/campaign. Are you saying there is actual progress - deals have been made? The "awaiting good news" doesn't give me a good feeling.

Because I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that there is interest. But from past discussions, it wasn't a lack of interest that was preventing these releases, but a supposedly over-inflated asking price from the current owners.

Sadly only firms like KINO understand the interest in classic titles Warners or Olive (yet no new releases) or maybe Disney or VCI or SHOUT too but the studios focus on the gazillionth edition of Halloween or T2

David I think I made it clear, I was in on the conversations I in fact helped to start the contacts things look good and discussions are ongoing and however they decide to release them meaning the order etc would be 1st quarter 2022 so things are moving along. We are working with top firms one of the problems is that some quarters focus on BIG titles not titles that really are not on the radar. We are in the best position ever on this and I am just focusing on gently nudging this along. The GREAT news too is this might also open us up to more classic titles. My goal is to show the people that would make the deal with the video firm/distributor that yes these would be amongst the biggest serial release yet. I have had some success over the years in the video business, I am the chap who had shown GWTW laserdiscs and Videotapes were being imported from Japan to the USA - at the time the TV deal for GWTW was the network had a 20 year window b4 the film could be sold on home video here in the states. Once they had proof of the title being brought in here they renegotiated with the network and the film was officially released here on home vid.

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
VCI had some "big news" for the third one but that was before COVID but is still on their home page. I think Wade Williams might have all three as well. Id get them all if they did get Blu-ray releases! :)
My understanding is the third is in PD the other two still under copyright --- keep your fingers crossed

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Hi! For the present I have to be vague about the companies involved things behind the scenes are happening but the main goal is to get tons of interest for the page as this would go a long way to cementing the deal! Please like the Page and help get the deal done! These will be authorized editions and might open the vault to other releases. Trying to make the page fun and show that there is interest in these releases. Thank you! https://www.facebook.com/The-Original-Space-Operas-Flash-Gordon-113226364484595
I am a big fan of the serials, and I'd be wanting this and others to be given the love that they deserve. The serials, like Phantom Empire, Buck Rogers, Falsh Gordon, all of the Batman, Superman the republic serials, ant many have been given various editions, DVD and some BRD. Serial Squadron and Kino have addressed this genere with greater or lesser degrees of success. It always helps when the project has the backing and the film elements available to truly create a cleaner and more visually wonderful product..I'm in your corner!!!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I am a big fan of the serials, and I'd be wanting this and others to be given the love that they deserve. The serials, like Phantom Empire, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, all of the Batman, Superman the republic serials, ant many have been given various editions, DVD and some BRD. Serial Squadron and Kino have addressed this genere with greater or lesser degrees of success. It always helps when the project has the backing and the film elements available to truly create a cleaner and more visually wonderful product..I'm in your corner!!!
Thank u Sir! This not about asking for money etc just to show and voice you support I will be sharing the FB page with the parties involved and by all means post comments of support there too I have raved about this great Forum to the parties too and will also share this thread. When this becomes reality I look forward to explaining the process I started and how the GREAT parties all started discussions it is a fun story. Also will mention the other titles possible too.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thank u Sir! This not about asking for money etc just to show and voice you support I will be sharing the FB page with the parties involved and by all means post comments of support there too I have raved about this great Forum to the parties too and will also share this thread. When this becomes reality I look forward to explaining the process I started and how the GREAT parties all started discussions it is a fun story. Also will mention the other titles possible too.

This Inspired

70771_backdrop_scale_1280xauto.jpg

This!
1635700145113.jpeg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
can't wait...compnies like Grapvine video and Alpha video tak what ever is around and do the "Drop & Pop" not really doming anything to the film or sound elements, leaving the buyers with a just so-so copy, craming to much onto a limited fomat like a DVD, resulting in inferior grade images & sound. Love the idea, it's really about time, and the conviction to save such a wonderful piece of film history...the legacy of Flash Gordon!!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
can't wait...compnies like Grapvine video and Alpha video tak what ever is around and do the "Drop & Pop" not really doming anything to the film or sound elements, leaving the buyers with a just so-so copy, craming to much onto a limited fomat like a DVD, resulting in inferior grade images & sound. Love the idea, it's really about time, and the conviction to save such a wonderful piece of film history...the legacy of Flash Gordon!!
We have been falling in love with VCI's restorations via their 2K restorations of Universal Serials like Gangbusters, Pirate Treasure, Wild West Days, Gordon Of Ghost City and more!

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I probably have some 40 serials on DVD/Blu-ray. I believe I've picked up all the serials on blu-ray from quality sources (e.g., Kino, Olive, VCI) as well as some from lesser sources. I'm game for any new serials to blu-ray. Especially, Republic serials. You can count me in to buy when first released to show my support.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
We have been falling in love with VCI's restorations via their 2K restorations of Universal Serials like Gangbusters, Pirate Treasure, Wild West Days, Gordon Of Ghost City and more!
VCI do a much better job than some of the offering from Serial Squadron. Let me know what I can do?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks