What's new

Starsky And Hutch Season 3? (1 Viewer)

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Nothing official, but a few people from a Starsky and Hutch message board sent e-mails to Columbia about further seasons and one got a reply that Season 3 could be out later this year but no date was set yet, and another person got a reply that Season 3 should be out in December. How cool is that for the fans of this show? Even if it doesn't happen until early next year, it's nice to know that they do seem to have plans to release the rest of the series. I know a lot of people were wondering about that since the first two seasons were tied in with the theatrical and DVD release of the movie. If all of this is true, I can only think that the first two sets must really be doing well for Columbia to be releasing them so quickly, especially since they seem to have a fairly erratic release schedule for a lot of their other series on DVD.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
That would be awesome. I sure would love more extras, but that's not too likely...

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I'm really enjoying Season Two right now. Tonight I'm going to watch the final episode so I'll be ready for Season Three.

How about some commentary from David Soul, Paul Michael Glaser, & Huggy & Capt. Dobey... something like they did with Land of the Lost (update in 2004) what did they think of the show while filming it? how did it change their lives?
when did they realize they were superstars? etc.. etc...

:emoji_thumbsup:

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
If true, this is excellent news!

I've really been hoping that they would continue and release the entire run of the series, but I've also been very afraid that it wouldn't happen.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
We all know that Dave is the Man!!:emoji_thumbsup:

I also have been emailing Sony over the last year to try & get an answer on upcoming Starsky & Hutch as well as Charlie's Angels releases, but so far, only got the generic reply.
If anyone out there has a more up to date email address for Sony where we may get a reponse out of them, please forward it to me.
Here's praying that they don't stop here with S& H and give us the final 4th season so that we can all complete our collections!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Gord's got his review up, and he mentions that Quadromania may be a syndicated cut since it is several minutes shorter than most of the other episodes. I'm no S&H expert, but this particular episode was not even aired in some places (the UK, I believe) because of presumably violent content. Is it possible this episode was cut before it was ever aired, similar to what happened to Deep Space Nine's "To the Death?"

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/siterevi...ReleaseID=4462

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I tried doing some research to see if I could dig up the original length of the episode, but I came up short. I guess there isn't a site that lists the original lengths of episodes without commercials, huh?

I mentioned this in the review, but I'm going to keep track of all the running times for episodes I review from now on. I finished Columbo season 2 yesterday and I was surprised by how exact they are with the times of those episodes!

Gord

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Just watched the Quadromania episode and it has a different look to it than all other episodes, in that it looks like it was sourced from 16mm instead of 35mm like the others. It almost looks like a high quality kinescope. There was a weird quick cut in the first few minutes where Hutch is talking that looks like print damage almost but most likely where the cut was made.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
The Quadromania episode IS cut, about five minutes of footage is missing from it. In the scene in the taxi as Starsky is being attacked, part of that footage has been cut.

Originally, Starsky's head is smashed into the cars door, smashing the window. Another part that has been edited is the scene when Starsky is being chased down the alley, a little bit has been cut out, making it shorter.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks