What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does not work.

Even if he turns, Kylo Ren is not a Skywalker. He is a Solo. Unless Han took his wife's name which I highly doubt. it works better if Rey turns out to be Skywalker's daughter, since the teaser trailer shows that she is a main player. Her clothing in the trailer even looks a lot like how Luke used to dress, except of course, more suited for a female.

I don’t disagree but
Ben Solo is Anakin Skywalker’s grandson. It’s no different than saying I am my mother’s father’s grandson, which makes me part of his lineage, even if we don’t share a last name.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Before Lucas Sold to Disney, what was his outline for Episodes VII, VIII and IX ? I have heard he had one but I have never actually seen it

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
If Skywalker was referring to Luke, it wouldn't be his "rise." The Rise of Skywalker is quite clearly (to me, it has been clear since The Force Awakens, despite everything Rian Johnson did to trash it) about Rey.

To the troll-- canon is up to the creators, not the fans. "Fans" didn't dream it, conceive it, write it or produce it, and have absolutely no say in what is so. A fan can spend their money or not spend their money, and that's about all the relevance they possess when it really comes down to it.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Before Lucas Sold to Disney, what was his outline for Episodes VII, VIII and IX ? I have heard he had one but I have never actually seen it
I heard somewhere that it was about the Whills or so. I didn't even knew what that means till I saw some episodes of Clone Wars with these Whills.
I still don't know what it is exactly.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
In an interview in Starlog way way back in the 80s before Lucas ever denied he said he would make 7-9, he described the sequel trilogy as "very ethereal." I don't remember what he said exactly, but it played on Yoda's line that we are luminous beings not made of crude matter. I've always believed it was the story of how the characters transcend their crude matter and become ethereal beings without dying. I don't think it had a heavy.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
In an interview in Starlog way way back in the 80s before Lucas ever denied he said he would make 7-9, he described the sequel trilogy as "very ethereal." I don't remember what he said exactly, but it played on Yoda's line that we are luminous beings not made of crude matter. I've always believed it was the story of how the characters transcend their crude matter and become ethereal beings without dying. I don't think it had a heavy.

lol!

Ah yes, those lost days of Starlog. I was a subscriber and I loved the things you got. For instance a couple of months before Alien came out there was a full page add for that movie with the tagline "In space no one can hear you scream." I told my now grown kids that I had that on the wall of my room even before the movie came out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
ep9still_0012.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, what would be the rational for him bringing back his mask? They have seen his face. They know who he is.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
These art books have been great. I will definitely get this. My first Art Of- book was for Star Wars, which I loved circa 1978 because it contained the movie's script. But my favorites are Rinzler's Making Of- books on the OT films. Wish they'd do those for the others.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I miss Rinzler's Making Of books. But they had to stop doing those since they can't very well reveal the inside story of how the majority of their Star Wars productions haven't had their acts together...

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
And he wrote one for The Force Awakens, didn't he? What happened to that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks