What's new

Star Wars I, II, III (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
All of these are supposed to be Dolby Digital 5.1 EX, yet none of them activate my Pioneer 45tx receiver. The receier is setup corrctly & is connected via optical. When I insert Star Wars IV, it correctly plays in Dolby Digital EX. I would like to send an email to complain to someone, but who. Is the technology still so new that these manufacturers can't get it right.......

John S

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, it detects on my Denon 4802.......

I actually watched in story order starting early afternoon on Saturday into Sunday morning.

There is an odd setting on my denon that effects this though, called LFE Auto Flag or something like that. But it did seem consistant goin from III to IV.....

I also played with THX Post processing some, but the dialog seemed better in the auto selected 5.1 EX mode.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
EP I or II has no flag but on Ep III the THX trailer has it, so if you watch the movie from the begining, then it will stay in the EX mode[most likely].

Brad Newton

Second Unit
You are correct that III thx trailer is in 5.1 ex, but as soon as the movie starts,it reverts to the regular 5.1 dolby digital.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Ahh interesting I see... My Denon did stay in EX mode after the trailer. I may have just forced it on I and II though, I wasn't paying that much attention.

I really wanted to note every difference going from III to IV because of the differing vintages of the flicks.

On I and II, I actually think I used THX EX post processing, I always have to force that.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
my reciever forces the back channel, and I think most recievers can probably do this.
Funny, you'd think Star Wars of all movies would get it right :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks