What's new

Star Wars Episode VIII "The Last Jedi" Coming December 15, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Omg. Just watched her awesome appearance on Graham Norton this morning. Hope she recovers 100%

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Pretty bad, hope she pulls through, but not necessarily unsurprising for someone who did a lot of cocaine and was a heavy smoker.

I'm already hearing internet rumblings that Disney/LFL forcing her to rapidly lose weight (possibly with use of ephedra) caused this.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
viii-logo-tall-1536x864-414669331908.jpg

Somewhat interesting choice of red for the logo color instead of the usual yellow?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I like it a lot more than "The Force Awakens" as a title. The only nit I have to pick with it is that having a title with "Jedi" only two episodes after "Return of the Jedi" feels a little repetitive.

Somewhat interesting choice of red for the logo color instead of the usual yellow?
I think it's an homage to the Return of the Jedi half sheet poster:
rotj-still-1701.jpg
I dig it. I kind of hope they use a third, different color for Episode IX.

The Crawl for TFA states that Luke is the last Jedi.
My initial thought was that the movie would start with Luke as the titular last Jedi and end with Rey as the titular last Jedi. But as Travis rightly points out, Jedi can be singular or plural. Just as well: I really don't need the sequel trilogy to be a war of attrition on our heroes from the original trilogy. Especially given that Carrie Fisher's passing will have to be dealt with in Episode IX.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It does make me wonder if perhaps Johnson's original idea was The Last Knight or The Last Jedi Knight, only to have the Transformers movie steal his thunder.
Amusingly, I can think of at least three times when The Last Jedi was already used by the expanded universe- it was an issue of a Marvel comic book back in the early 80's [EDIT: I looked and it was issue #49], it was a kids' book series featuring Obi-Wan between Episodes III and IV and it was a novel about a Jedi who escaped Order 66.

Last edited:

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
My initial thought was that the movie would start with Luke as the titular last Jedi and end with Rey as the titular last Jedi. But as Travis rightly points out, Jedi can be singular or plural. Just as well: I really don't need the sequel trilogy to be a war of attrition on our heroes from the original trilogy. Especially given that Carrie Fisher's passing will have to be dealt with in Episode IX.

I was expecting Luke to take on the Ben Kenobi role in the new trilogy and meet the same fate. I think it will refer to Luke, the only surviving Jedi. returning to help the Resistance, he doesn't have to die, just train Rey as he helps out. If Luke were to die, it could have been filmed before Carrie Fisher's passing but I don't expect to see him die, it's too soon after Solo and I've always wanted to see Luke in action as a full Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks