What's new

Star Trek Generations SE - Glitches (1 Viewer)

Xander

Auditioning
I have the region 2 dvd which i've been playing on my pc with powerdvd. The first disc plays fine, but on the second, when I try to play some of the featurrettes, it starts to go dodgy. The image becomes very pixellated and distorted, jumps and freezes. The sound works fine though. The disc works perfectly in a normal dvd player, but not on my pc, and there's nothing wrong with my computer. Anyone else having this problem?

Feedback appreciated

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Xander,

I moved it here (non-R1 area), to increase the chance that someone who knows more about this problem happens to read your thread.
If no-one else, having the same set, encounters this problem, perhaps you could also try the PC-area - or else it's just a bad disc and you should try switching it.

Cees

John H Ross

Screenwriter
There are a couple of questions I have about this new R2 edition of Generations:

1. Is it the same over-sharpened transfer that was released in R1 or is it closer in appearance to the older R2 disc?

2. Does it have DTS sound?

Does anyone know perchance? Thanks!

John

RichardCrowther

Stunt Coordinator
Well, John, you will no doubt be "pleased" to hear that not only does the new version have tons of dirt and print damage all over the place, but the amount of aliasing makes the film unwatchable, in my opinion. After a while, it starts to hurt your eyes. Seriously. Neither of these problems are evident on the initial R2 release.

Oh, and it's also slightly cropped at the sides when compared with the original R2.

The "good" news, however, is that, yes, dts is included and the colour has been significantly improved on this new release, as opposed to the rather drab looking first release.

But that's not enough to save this mess of a disc. Upgrade for the extras only.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Oh dear. That's what I feared. Guess I'll keep the old R2 edition for the film and the R1 SE for the special features. What a mess. Thanks Richard!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks