What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 3/03/'04 "Azati Prime" (1 Viewer)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Well, following the brief synopsis of the upcoming episodes, there will be no reset.

The arc continues.

Regards

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
One thing a couple of people have said in this thread puzzles me. "Daniels is pulled out for sweeps." My understanding is that sweeps is when you try your hardest to bring people to your show. Does Daniels really do that? I mean, is somebody really saying, "I never watch Enterprise, but that future guy's going to be on tonight! I. Must. Watch!" :laugh:

For some reason, this is bringing the whole "all your base" thing back to me. ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's what's so frustrating/darkly comic about it. The folks making Enterprise really seem to feel that the audience likes this plotline and character, so they keep trotting them out. That very few people ever want to see Daniels again may demonstrate just how out of touch B&B are with us.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
David Forbes wrote (post #74):

There's no doubt that Gene Roddenberry's "lessons" were meant for the human audience. That's not necessarily the same as pandering, although the two can---and often do---overlap at times. Pandering, however, is still pandering, no matter who the perpetrator. The criticism is levelled not just at "B&B", by any means. That has been one of Star Trek's weaknesses
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?&postid=614720#post614720 all along, despite its accomplishments as source of mass entertainment.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Maybe they war with the Sphere builders neccesitated them releasing several Enterprises at once. No time to think up new names when at war...plus it confuses the enemy.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Interesting comments about Voyager and Enterprise from Brian Fuller, the writer of the above and the new show, Wonderfalls.

While Fuller is grateful for what the Star Trek universe has done for his career, he admits there were some critical flaws with Voyager (flaws that appear to happening to all over again with Enterprise). He said that working on DS9 and Voyager where two different experiences, "DS9 was much more serialized and character oriented than Voyager. Voyager explored the same facets of the same characters, and that was because of its layout. There was an active resistance on the part of the producers and the studio to any sort of serialized storytelling. So there was a magical, candy-like reset button at the end of every episode. You didn't really see how the characters grew from any given situation." The exception, Fuller admits, was Seven of Nine and the Doctor -both characters that explored humanity to its fullest, and who were his favorite characters to write for. "They kept growing. Although Janeway struggled with her command, you still knew that she was a risk taker and would do what she had to do. You knew that. And Tuvok, within an episode, would change. But by the end, he would settle back down to who he was. That's no much fun. It's not fun for the audience, and it's not fun for the creators. You keep getting caught in the same loop."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks