What's new

SR 6200 and JVC 32D201 and my OSD doesn't work? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if I've done something wrong to affect the way my receiver and TV are hooked up.

Right now I have my panny DVD player connected to the TV's input #2 via component cables. My vcr is connected to the TV input #1 via S-video cable. I have the receiver monitor out connected to the TV input #1 via composite cable. I can't seem to get the OSD from the receiver to work.

Do I have to connect the VCR to the receiver and then the receiver to the TV via S-video?

thanks for any info :)

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I have an SR6200, but I have everything hook in S video. So I dont know if I could help you, but here it goes.

The SR6200 should send the OSD diplay through composite or Svideo, I dont know if it has composite-Svideo switching, but if you run all your sources either way it should run fine.

Try conecting your receiver to your tv using Svideo, change in your tv the right setting(video 1, video 2, etc), and then in the remote of the SR6200 push the "amp" button(where you select the what are you going to use), and then go to the arrows and push either up or down, and the OSD should appear in your tv screen.

Hope this helps,

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
It works...but I've only got OSD when viewing the Input #1 which is the S-video from the receiver. Oh well. Just means when watching a DVD, I must switch the video from Video 2 to Video 1 in order to view the OSD. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks