What's new

sports card grading? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i have a few valuable hockey cards i would like to get professionally graded, has anyone had this done? there are a few places to get it done, i was hoping someone could tell me the advantages and disadvantages of some of the more popular companies that grade cards. a range of costs would help too. i have one card that i would be willing to spend a great deal to have it evaluated, although i plan to hold onto this card for quite a while :) thanks for any help, and happy holidays.

CJ

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Any honest baseball card/ collectibles shop will do it for free. You can grade them yourself if you go to the newstand and pick up a sports card magazine called beckett monthly. It tells you how to grade cards and each magazine is sports specific so it also lists prices...hope this helps

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Quote:
Any honest baseball card/ collectibles shop will do it for free. You can grade them yourself if you go to the newstand and pick up a sports card magazine called beckett monthly i was looking more for the standardized grading, as michael posted the link to. i looked at the psacard link, but i will have to go with beckett grading, as one of my cards is an oversized, from 1954. psa does not accept that type of card.

CJ

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
PSA will do your card from 1954. It may be oversized by today's standards but not by 1954 standards if indeed it is a regular issue card. Regular issue is the key phrase here as well as major manufacturer.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Quote:
All regular issue, regular size, post-war cards manufactured by Topps, Parkhurst, etc. so this means that even though my 1954-55 topps card is over-sized by today's standards, it is considered a normal size card?

CJ

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Quote:
so this means that even though my 1954-55 topps card is over-sized by today's standards, it is considered a normal size card? Yep, sure does.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks