What's new

Spongebob "Home Sweet Pineapple" repeats (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The new SB single disc release Home Sweet Pineapple repeats two episodes from prior SB single disc releases: "Band Geeks" (from Halloween), and "Ripped Pants" (from Sponge Buddies and Nautical Nonsense). I haven't gone for the season sets since I started to buy the single discs before they came out and I don't want to waste money on the season sets.

Since there are still episodes that haven't been released on single discs AFAIK (isn't there another SB collection coming out in a few months, Plankton's Revenge or something?) I don't understand this at all. I'm thinking of just selling all the SB discs to a used book/CD/DVD store and getting the season sets.

As it stands, I just paid $12 for six episodes essentially. I haven't opened it; I might just return it.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I just recently became a fan of 'Spongebob' over the summer. I've seen all of the compilation releases out there, but I had my heart set on getting the first season set.........which was extremely hard to find around here until just 2 months ago.

I think the compilations are directed moreso to kids as opposed to adults. That being said, the season sets (especially the first) have some great behind the scenes features on the making of the show, etc.

I'm glad I became a fan late in the game, otherwise I probably would've bought many of the compilations also. I can certainly understand a lot of people's dismay about the release of the season sets following the individual disc releases.

In my opinion, I say sell whatever compilations you have and go for the season sets. No repeats, great extras, plus less shelf space. :) lol.

My only beef with the first season however is the missing "Help Wanted" episode I keep hearing about. I'm hoping it eventually makes its way as a special feature or easter egg on a future set.

All I know is I'm looking forward to next October when season three hits store shelves, and let's not forget the release of the movie on DVD March 1st.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Seems to me like you've already been wasting money on the single discs. If I were you (and I was back when Season 1 was announced), I'd sell all the volumes (on eBay or Amazon) and go for the box sets.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

I think the reason for that is because a Tiny Tim song is included and they couldn't get the rights.

And I just got off the phone with a used book store, and they'll pay $40 in trade credit for the 11 single discs. :) I'll be picking up the first two sets soon.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Question about The Complete Second Season--I picked up both sets yesterday but want to know if all three versions of "Shanghaied" are included on the second set? Otherwise I'll hold on to Sea Stories.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I don't have the Season 2 set , but I'm pretty sure it only has the Spongebob ending. You might want to hold on to the Sea Stories Dvd. I'm still wondering if that pilot episode will ever turn up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks