What's new

Spiderman costume? (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Anyone knows if the Spiderman costume is available anywhere to purchase? A complete costume from head to toe. Nothing too expensive or of collector type! Thanks in advance!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That depends on whether you want a GOOD costume or not

Full head to toe will run over $100 US even for a crappy one

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Thanks for the link, I’m going to get this one
Link Removed
There is also this deluxe more expensive one
Link Removed
But I think the first cheaper one looks better (more cinematic for a fan film) than the deluxe one. What do you think? Doesn’t the cheaper look better?

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Depends if you wanna be comic book Spider-Man (The cheaper one)or Hollywood Spider-Man (deluxe) (though I think the blue is too dark even for hollywood Spidey).
JQ

Tim H

Stunt Coordinator
I've got the cheaper one in my closet. I wore it last year for Halloween. It's a fairly good costume.

Three things I didn't like about it:

1) I kept having to take the mask off to eat.

2) I had to walk around with red socks on the whole night because I didn't have any red shoes to go with it.

3) The costume is a little form fitting. Trust me when I say you'd better wear some type of cup or everyone will know which side you dress on. :b

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
The costume is a little form fitting. Trust me when I say you'd better wear some type of cup or everyone will know which side you dress on.
I think that’s a plus. That’s why I think it looks better and more cinematic. I don’t like the more expensive one not because of its color but because I think it looks more like pajamas! Also I want it for a little fan clip I’m making, there is no way that I wear it in the real world! :b

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Somewhere there are TWO actual SPIDERMAN 2002 movie costumes. Two of these were stolen from the set during the filming...but I doubt the owner is willing to part with these originals. But then again, theives are usually stupid...they will probably end up on EBay!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Those suits were recovered

And no, Spidey doesn't take his mask off to eat. He just pulls it up to his nose.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i was at siggraph2002 in san antonio. there was a presentation about how they did the visual effects. they also talked about how they did cg version of spiderman.

the one person who modeled cg spidey said that he had one of the costume in his office, for "educational purposes".

oh btw, i just saw a spiderman costume at the local jewel store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks