What's new

Specs on Denon HTIB DHT-487 (1 Viewer)

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot find the specs for the loudness of the speakers in this system (i.e. how many db). From Denon I'm surprised they wouldn't have it. It's not in the manual online either. Yeah, I suspect that if they don't have it, it's not good news. But still it would be nice to know. Anyone know where it might be found?

Thanks!

Donald

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Hi Donald,

I have that system, although I have now upgraded my fronts and center.

I believe the specs on the speakers are listed on the back page of the manual (for the speakers). I too was surprised by the lack of information about the speakers when I bought them as I was trying to figure out their frequency response and could not find it anywhere. I thought they were being like Bose and not publishing the information about the speakers, until I found it on that back page of the manual.

From what I recall, the speakers have an 86 db sensitivity. If you don't have the manual yourself, I can check mine tonight when I get home and give the exact specs. I do remember the manual saying the sub would extend down to 27 Hz, though without giving SPL measures or % THD. That is a load of crap - there is no way that sub gets down to 27 Hz, at least not at a level that you would be able to hear when watching a movie.

Do you own the set already, or are you considering buying them?

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I checked the manual last night, and you're right, Donald. No sensitivity specs. Just frequency range, driver size, etc...

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Chris, thanks for checking. No I don't own the speakers. A friend of mine is considering a system with them being sold at Costco. Denon, there is no question about the quality of the electronics, but speakers? Can't find out, and that doesn't bode well.

Again thanks.

Donald

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks