What's new

Speakers causing a rattle... need help (1 Viewer)

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes:
Well, my new JBL S-312s make me extremely happy with a much improved low-end over my last pair of mains, but this improved low-end is shaking my listening room too much! :angry:
I'm getting a very irritating rattle from parts of the wall and ceiling (there's foam/particleboard tiles in the ceiling, so getting up there is not a problem).
I'm going to be building a sub soon (MORE rattle) and would like to lick this problem before then... what do you guys recommend to stop this?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do these speakers have feet of any kind or are they just sitting on the floor? Try these if they don't have feet:
Spikes
I don't know about improving imaging, etc... that they say in the ad, but it will reduce vibration going directly into the floor, while keeping the speaker firmly coupled. They worked great on my sub.

I have jbl stdio series speakers and they sound great but i also have the same problem. They do have feet but i can feel them up stairs and in just about every room in the house. Mine are in my basment on a carpeted concrete floor. They sound good but shake my house. I dont even have a sub yet

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks