What's new

Speaker Placement (1 Viewer)

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I have a Samsung 16:9 tv coming tomorrow. Here's my question: How far away from the set do I need to place my speakers? I have a pair of Paradigm Phantom V.2 tower speakers. I'm not sure if they are video shielded. Or does that even matter with an RPTV? I don't want to do anything that could possibly damage my new set. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Scott

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I have my unshielded mini monitors fairly close to the TV (about 1 foot) and everything is fine. I haven't had any problems at all. I don't have an widescreen TV though, just a regular 27".

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
Did you get the 55 inch. I have the samsung 55 wide. I have my speakers right next to the tv and there is no problem.

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
I think you should consider pulling your mains a bit in front of the screen. if you have them all equal then the imaging/soundstage will be affected since you will be getting reflections off the TV screen.

I think that's right.

Someone back me up here.

Christian

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
This doesn't have to do with speaker placement, but rather with connections. I'm getting tired of unscrewing the posts to put the wires in. They have inputs for plugs. What would be a good plug to use and does this create any kind of an advantage in sound quality or just make it a little easier to use?

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks