What's new

Spandau Ballet to reform for new recordings and world tour (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I was a HUGE Spandau fan back in the day, so this is great news. And I hope any tour they do brings them out here.

Although the cynic in me says it's all about the bottom-line -- none of them have achieved great success since they split, although they've done reasonably well, so this looks like a cash-in. Perhaps to give them the benefit of the doubt, though, time does heal wounds and perhaps they have put their legal wangles behind them and just want to get together again.

Odd that the article would refer to other acts that haven't reformed. Abba will never reform simply because none of them need the money -- Abba still sells well today and IIRC they declined a very substantial offer to reform, whereas I'd guess Spandau sales have slowed to a trickle. Conversely, I find it funny that the Spice Girls are already considered a 'nostalgia act', when to my mind they were relatively new...

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I swear I work with Tony Hadley! Not really, but I am always joking with one of my co-workers about how much he resembles him.

I would love to hear new Spandau Ballet!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Some news articles from UK papers which add a bit more info. Apparently the formal announcement is today.

It's true! Spandau Ballet are back - News, Music - The Independent
Spandau Ballet to reunite - Times Online

Did anyone get the remixed "True"? I think it was released either early this year or late last year, but a quick search on amazon.co.uk shows only downloads, no actual CD or anything. Guess I'll check iTunes this evening at home.

And Lee, I'm surprised that you didn't buy the SACD upon release; I made it a point to order it from Amazon.co.uk upon announcement, rather than risk waiting for it to show up in shops here -- SACD availability has always been touch and go here, although it did show up eventually. Indeed some shops might still have a copy; I'll keep an eye out. Conversely, I'm rather miffed that I dwaddled over buying Synchronicity, which now I can't find either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks