What's new

Space Command film project funded by Kickstarter (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought this might be of interest to some of you guys. I didn't know where else to post this, movies or TV. A new film project called Space Command is being developed. A throw back to the 1950's style of science fiction movies.
This must be a first, using Kickstarter to fund a film project. What is interesting is the group involved. Former special effects guys on the Star Trek film and TV series as well as the recent Battlestar Galactica series. There is no involvement with a studio. So you, the people who contribute by funding it are the people who are doing the film, as they say.
The writer/producer is Marc Scott Zicree who wrote for TV shows including the Star Trek spin-off series, Babylon 5, and the new Twilight Zone. Doug Drexler Is a producer and doing Special Effects and his work includes the Star Trek series and Galactica. And the director is Neil Johnson, I'm not familiar with his work. Other former Star Trek people are involved too behind the scenes.
Here's a link to the Kickstarter page. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58936338/space-command
They've got an impressive start with the funding and it's caught the eyes and ears of the establishment in Hollywood. I suppose this is nothing more then an indie film project, but it appears to be getting buzz.
Even Damian Lindelof the writer of Lost and the upcoming film Prometheus is tweeting and watching the progress.
I discovered this through a blog of a former Hollywood make-up and special effects artist's site, Steve Neil. He did the ears for Spock in Star Trek The Motion Picture as well as work on Ghostbusters and other films. He's quite a model maker and is involved too.
I thought this might be fun to watch as it develops.
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o9VQ8w3GxY[/VIDEO]
c30e56db_photo-full.jpeg

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Thanks for sharing this. I decided to donate just to see what they can create. This will be my first foray into a Kickstarter project.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You are welcome John. Glad to see you are helping those guys out. I have not contributed myself yet. I see they met their goal of $75,000 in a few days! That's an amazing accomplishment. So the more they get, the more they can do.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I missed this Kickstarter back in 2012, but see they have another Kickstarter for post-production finishing funds.

66f81bb699cd98961ae3d18bbdec3a0d_original.jpg

I'm going to contribute, at least they have been in communication on why this has been taking so long.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a few hours left to go on this current Kickstarter but it has more than met it's goal. I'm hoping this gets picked up by one of the networks or Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks