What's new

Space: Above and Beyond DVD interest (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Here is what was said in the post:
Date: 10/02/2001
Hi all,
I'm posting this survey for Kate Duncan.
Faith
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SURVEY: "Space" on DVD?
I was recently contacted by a film and video production company that is looking into producing licensed DVDs of "Space:
Above and Beyond". They tell me: "We intend to produce a thoughtful, creative and compelling set of discs that will allow
significant insight into how the series was created and where it was intended to go. This would include production designs
and interviews with the creators and actors. Like yourself, we are huge fans of this program and believe that it never
received the acclaim or attention it deserved... We would like to determine how big the current fan base is and whether or
not a DVD series would sell. We would also like to establish pre-sales within this market, if at all possible, as a way to get
Fox to move on the concept."
Having been a SAABer since its first broadcast (six years, now!), I know there is interest -- I'm just not sure how
*extensive* that interest is. So... please send an e-mail to me at with "Space DVD Survey" in
the subject line. Tell me whether you'd be interested in watching "Space: Above and Beyond" episodes on DVD, and
whether you'd be willing to order and pay for them in advance of production. I'll forward all comments to the production
company.
Kate Duncan
"Space: Above and Beyond" Alumni News & Reviews
Link Removed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I would buy a "Space: Above & Beyond" set without question. But to pay for them prior to production?? I think not.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
This would be a definite "Must Buy" for me. I'm a big fan of the show and would love it on DVD.

Todd

Brian E

Screenwriter
I'm in, especially if they don't go nuts on price. There were what 24 episodes? It'd be nice to get them all for around $150 or less. Especially with all the good TV shows hitting DVD. I'm not much for paying ahead of time, but if they want to do something like AnimEigo did with Macross that'd be ok.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think it all depends on who's making the set, Fox or and independant house. I think they might ask for a deposit on the set, but the whole price up front? I don't think so.

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
I would buy this series on DVD without thinking twice.

But I wouldn`t pay in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks