What's new

Southern California meet to see "Attack of the Clones" at the Village Theater (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
Tickets are now on sale. I think the 12:30pm showing would work best, especially for those driving from Orange Co.
I'll plan on getting in line around 9-10am.
Link Removed
I haven't heard of any extra footage for DLP showings, but I'll either see it again if it's good, or wait for the DVD if it isn't.

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
I'm definitely on for the 12:30 show, since I've already bought my tickets (I'll have my 5 year old in tow, since I just couldn't tell him I was going to see the new Star Wars without him :frowning: ).
Lunch at South Street afterwards sounds great, and everyone is invited to my place after that for dessert.

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
Hi Jonathan,

As a late comer to all this...let me re-cap - We are to just obtain tickets on our own for the Mann Village in Westwood for the 12:30 show on Saturday May 18th and then meet there? Sounds simple enough.

Let me know.

Lee

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jonathan,

Ann and I are in too! We just walked up to the Village and got our tickets with our Student IDs (couldn't stomach the $11 per adult ticket charge online with work being so near). We're on for Saturday, May 18, 12:30pm.

BTW, the midnight Wed/Thu show isn't sold out yet, for those diehards who want to walk up to the ticket booth. The guy said they might not be available online yet.

Student ticket price if $7.50, but can only be had in person (they check IDs). So if you qualify and want to save the cash, you gotta walk up.

See you all there! Oh and Jonathan, we'll try to be in line at about the same time. She's not a real early riser so we may be there closer to 10am...

Cheers!

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Well, it looks like I'm going to be shut out of this one too. My 6-year old's birtday party is scheduled for the 18th. It seems as though I am destined not to attend anyone's meets or gatherings except when I organize one. When I organize the next HTF local meet, it's going to have to be something special!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll see what I can do. My daughters cousin is having her 5 year B-Day party that afternoon. :frowning: I'm gonna see if I can weasel out and bring a friend of mine along.
BTW, how do I order tickets from that link?
Peace Out~:D

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to the National on Saturday to see Spiderman. I'll swing by the Vllage and try to pick up a ticket for the 18th then.

AllenD

Second Unit
John,

I'm able to make it to EPII on Saturday. Do you still want to carpool?

Where is everyone buying their tickets on-line? I searched for movie theaters in Westwood, CA and the village doesn't show. I do see a "Mann Village and Bruin." Is this the right theater to buy tickets for?

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Yes, the Mann Village.

I'm not sure if I can make it for sure yet. Some family things might be happening. Robert is going though.

Funny thing though, I did not see an ad in the Calender section for the 12:01 showings tonight.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'll see you all, too. I got my ticket on Saturday before seeing Spider-Man with John and his wife.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so it's Jonathan +1, Robert, Allen (& Co) for sure? I've bought my two, and the girlfriend and I will be there as previously mentioned, between 9-10 (leaning towards 10 perhaps).

What's everyone's plans afterwards? The Lakers play at 3:30 and I was going to cruise home to watch it, but does anyone want to go to one of the local sports bars (Maloney's / Madison's / Westwood Brew Co.) to take in the game and some food?

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
AllenD - Try this link:
Link Removed
You just need to change the date to Saturdays date to buy the proper ticket.
I'm going to try and make it and am looking forward to meeting you all.
Regards,
Lee

AllenD

Second Unit
I'll be taking my five year old so beers and Lakers after the movie is no good for me, though it sounds fun! Plus I just found out the out-laws will be visiting later that afternoon so I won't be able to join you in the after movie festivities. :frowning: See you there...

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
I'll have my 5 year old as well, so no sports bars for me. As I said before, anyone not into B-ball is invited over to my place to hang out and watch some DVDs. I might not have the biggest DVD collection, but I'm sure I've got some discs you've never seen ;). (I don't have an HD box for my set, and cable fed baskeball isn't a pretty sight.)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well, looks like I gotta watch the Lakers in the privacy of my own home. I'm gonna miss the puke-stench of Madisons, or the constant prowling of fraternity guys stalking sorority girls at Maloneys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks