What's new

South Park - why Imaginationland and not season 11? (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I noticed that Paramount is releasing the three-part Imaginationland set of episodes of South Park in March. Any idea why? I know these three episodes were some of the highest rated in the entire series' run, but wouldn't it make more sense to just go ahead and release the Season 11 set instead, which contains these three episodes anyways?

Season 11 was a big step up from the so-so season 9 and awful season 10 and I think pretty much every fan would rather just get the entire 11th season instead of getting Imaginationland to tie us over and then get Season 11 way down the line. Any idea what the idea was for this? South Park's fans are the "gotta have it all" type

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe that part of the contract that Matt and Trey recently signed gets them bigger chunks of DVD sales so you're going alot more best-of releases.

I loved these episodes but I'm just going to wait for the S11 set.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
season 11 is still running no? each season is in 2 run based on the commentaries. No one airs it local so I can't watch until I buy the sets :S

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
season 11 just wrapped about two weeks ago with "The List", season 12 will probably start in March or April for the first half and then October for the second

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

Russell G is from Canada, so he's correct that season 11 is still running here (at least it is here in Ontario). The Comedy Network carries the first run shows, and they run the whole season beginning in the fall. The most recent episode aired was the first "Imaginationland" epidode, which was on this past Friday, November 30.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Yeah, I'm from Canada eh. I didn;t know anyone showed SP anymore. I used to watch it, but the airings were so crap I gave up and just buy the DVDs now :P

I'll wait for the season release. This single dvds and best ofs don't interest me. If they did full length commentaries, I might bite, but they never do.

Brad M

Second Unit
Just wanted to pop in and say I'm happy to have this 3-part episode on disc. I don't plan on buying a season set of South Park anytime soon but will pick this up on it's street date. So blame people like me for this being released. :D

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I'll agree that season 9 wasn't great, but season 10 rocked! World of Warfcraft, the little league hockey, Chef's return, making fun of Family Guy, those are fantastic episodes!
Imaginationland was some of the best South Park I've seen for a long time, though. I think they hit their stride with season 5-7 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks