What's new

South Park Season Sets : Region 2 + 4 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Croft

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

After doing searches through many threads I have concluded that the US doesn't have, and won't soon see South Park season sets. But I also read that there were region 2 and 4 versions of these sets.

I found the Region 2 sets online for about £39.99.. which I THINK translates into roughly $55.00.

I read somewhere that the Region 4 sets were cheaper? Where would I purchase these from. I have yet to find a retailer for the Region 4 box sets.

Also I am looking for general info on the sets. The lingo can get confusing because it seams there were also several "Volumes" released as single DVD's.. Are the box set simply comilations of these volumes, or are they totally different? How many discs per season? Wouldn't an entire season basically fit on 2 DVD's? What is the packaging like.. extras? Any different extras on Region 2 and 4? Video/Audio Quality? (I assume it is the same as broadcast). Did I do the currency conversion correctly? £39.99 = 40 pounds right? = $55??

Thanks for any help, and I hope this is in the appropriate forum.

-Aaron

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Are there any NTSC South Park discs outside region 1? My player can do all-region but my TV can't display PAL (shows in black and white with a rolling picture.)

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Here's what's listed in Japan according to www.cdjapan.co.jp:
Artist Title Media Price Release Date Detail Add to Cart
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.1[Initial pressing only limited release] DVD 3780Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.2[Initial pressing only limited release] DVD 3780Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.3[Initial pressing only limited release] DVD 3780Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.4[Initial pressing only limited release] DVD 3780Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.5[Initial pressing only limited release] DVD 3780Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.6[Initial pressing only limited release] DVD 3780Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.7[Initial pressing only limited release] DVD 3780Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK SERIES TWO DVD BOX SET DVD 12600Yen 2001/07/11
Animation SOUTH PARK BIGGER, LONGER & UNCUT DVD 2625Yen 2001/07/06
Animation SOUTH PARK Series ONE DVD BOX SET DVD 9450Yen 2001/05/23
Animation SOUTH PARK VOLUME 6(SERIES TWO) DVD 4935Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK VOLUME 7(SERIES TWO) DVD 4935Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK VOLUME 5(SERIES TWO) DVD 4935Yen out of print Not available
Anniversary SOUTH PARK VOLUME4 Vol.4 DVD 4935Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.1 DVD 4935Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.2 DVD 4935Yen out of print Not available
Animation SOUTH PARK Vol.3 DVD 4935Yen out of print Not available
Realistically, only the two season box sets and the movie are left in print, which is not surprising with a two year in-print time being average. Season 1 runs about 70$ and season 2 about 95$ with current exchange rates. I'd expect about 15$ in shipping - but you'll get it within 3-4 days of shipping. I order a lot from them and get really good service overall.
And they're definitely NTSC

Marc Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link the Ezy DVD. I had been holding out due to high prices in the UK (I figured Benson's would have a sale eventually). Now I can complete my collection. Too bad Ezy DVD only lets you order 5 at a time (and 1 order per 10 day period).

Richard Waller

Second Unit
That's odd. My first order contained volumes 7 and 9-15. My second order a couple weeks later contained volumes 1-6 and 8.

Christopher D

Second Unit
That is odd -- I got them all at one time. And by the way, I believe they are *exactly* the same discs/packaging as the R2 -- they just stick an AUS rating sticker on the front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks