What's new

South Park back 3/19 (tonite!) (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The boys discover Earth is nothing but one big intergalactic reality show and it’s about to be canceled when "South Park" returns for its seventh season on Wednesday, March 19 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central...

Norman Lear collaborated with Parker and Stone on many of the new episodes.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
So I thought it was pretty funny. Caught most of it except for the President speaking.

Taco that poops ice cream. Too funny.

Tom Foley

Stunt Coordinator
All these references were priceless:

- a show approaching it's 100th episode that starts to get lame (in case you don't know, last night was the 97th episode they've done)
- how much, again, the movie CONTACT sucked (referring to the whole reason why the commentaries were taken out of the DVDs)
- Dukes of Hazzard (with the Boss Hogg billboard!)

I was really fooled at the start of the show. I was thinking for a second that they REALLY were going to show a special edition of Cartman Gets An Anal Probe. It had better animation, fouler language (Ike: "Don't kick the GD baby!"), just no AT-ATs in the back.

As stupid as that farting thing was, it really was funny even after six or so times.

That alien orgy scene was just ... ugh.

Matt and Trey prove once again how little they give a damn. Kenny just pops right back up, we're starting from scratch again, no explanation necessary, it's their show, they do what they damn well please.

Too bad everyone in the world was watching the news at that point. If we really did get Saddam last night, that will throw the whole "Saddam was killed by a pack of wild boars" thing out the window. Unless they try to say that the "Bunker Busters" were filled with wild boars.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
That alien orgy scene was just ... ugh.
Definitely. That's why South Park is still the show it is. There was a time after the movie came out when I thought the show had lost its edge especially considering how far the movie went. That was soon changed as Trey and Matt have consistently delivered shows that make statements we all want to make (The re-cutting of E.T.) and totally grossing us out (The Adventure of Lemminywinks).
That said, last nights episode was great. The rip on Contact was well-deserved after the commentary fiasco and the taco that craps ice cream was classic. Rock on Trey and Matt.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Suck my Jag-on!

Hahahah!

That was great.

Can someone explain this to me.

I was really fooled at the start of the show. I was thinking for a second that they REALLY were going to show a special edition of Cartman Gets An Anal Probe. It had better animation, fouler language (Ike: "Don't kick the GD baby!"), just no AT-ATs in the back.
I thought the same thing. But as soon as Ike said "don't kick the GD baby!" I knew it wasn't going to be the same episode.

It also surprised me that Kenny didn't die in this episode. He was there at the end and he showed the picture he took to Chef.

I don't recall wha tthey called the "anus" for those aliens. Anyone? Beuller?

Joel C

Screenwriter
It looked SO painful when the dish went back into Cartman's ass.

"You know that feeling, when the dump jumps back into your ass? No, I'm not alright!"

Tom Foley

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas, back in the episode "Tom's Rhinoplasty", SP made fun of Contact. In the commentary for that episode, Trey and Matt explained further why they went to such lengths to make fun of it on the show. When the commentaries were removed from the DVDs for content, Matt confirmed that it was those comments that got them into trouble, because Contact was released by Warner, which is also the same company (essentially) who distributed the SP DVD season set. That, of course, led to the whole debacle where Comedy Central decided to release the commentaries on CDs, and I think a lot of SP fans would rather just forget that whole thing.

If you are in the mood to find out *exactly* what they said, turn to my post in the commentary CD thread in the software forum.

It was a real cool thing for them to do, it very slyly confirmed for us fans that Matt and Trey know the mess that fans went through because of some harmless comments.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"I thought the same thing. But as soon as Ike said "don't kick the GD baby!" I knew it wasn't going to be the same episode."

Also, the animation from the original "Visitors" episodes was more crude (I know, hard to believe) plus the voices were slightly different back then as well

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Thanks Tom
When I get a chance, I'll read over it. I didn't get to listen to all the commentary cds. I'm a bit behind on those.

Also, the animation from the original "Visitors" episodes was more crude (I know, hard to believe) plus the voices were slightly different back then as well
Well yea. That's the infamous construction paper episode.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I honestly thought it would be a "Special Edition" of the pilot, like they joked about in FREE HAT. lol

I was like "Did they actually go back and change it, like as a joke?"

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The whole episode was a big in-joke. It was everything the fans would enjoy.

And it was hilarious. The taco that pooped ice-cream was perfect.

Anyone have a list of the people the alien changed into before that?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Morgan-

The one's they showed:

Stan's Dad
Santa
Jordan
Don King
White guy with a smaller guy - don't know!
George Burns
JJ -Dynomite! (think it's jj)
Saddam
Missy Elliot
Guy that sings, "Fly me to the moon" (forgot his name)
Taco that poops ice cream.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Guy that sings, "Fly me to the moon" (forgot his name)
How could you forget that Frank Sinatra sings that?

Anywho, the Missy Elliot thing made me laugh out really loud. That was just freakin' genious.

BTW, if it turned into Stan's dad by reading his mind, did he turn into those other things from reading the other kids' minds?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks