What's new

South Park - 4/21/04 (The Jeffersons) (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Wow! I thought by now, there'd already be a giant thread on this episode...:eek: Anyone see it?????

Pretty funny!!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
It didn't even occur to me earlier that no had started a thread yet. I thought it was great, keeping with the excellent, consistent season. The Peter Pan thing nearly killed me.
"That's just ignorant."

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It was good, but not great. Worth watching and definitely full of laughs.

I didn't even know it was Kenny until they said he was killed.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone think that it was more than a conicidence that the episode that played before this on Wed was the NAMBLA episode?

I saw a great opportunity for a great movie parody in this episode. How funny would it have been if when Michael was trying to take back "Blanket" from the kids, only then he started graphically deterorating a la "The Fly"

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Hugh, didn't you see South Park, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut?

Anyway... this episode had its moments, I tuned in about 5 minutes late, but still enjoyed it.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's because the Michael Jackson are so old by now, but I didn't like this episode, even though the rest of the season has been great.

Is Jackson's kid really named "Blanket"

Jake Gove

Second Unit
Hilarious how Mr. Jefferson kept saying "that's ignorant", "you're ignorant", etc. Also, when his nose fell off and he turned into the zombie he played in the Thriller video (same jacket and everything).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As Justin mentioned, you need to see the movie. Of course, the voice wasn't the same. Mike Judge did Kennys voice in the movie.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

No, but that's what he calls him. One kid's name is Paris and there are 2 Prince Michael's

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realize that was Kenny. I thought it was one of the other kids from their class and when they said "Oh my god you killed Kenny!" I figured that was the only thing they knew to say. But now I remember that Kenny is a blonde.

MJ did nickname his baby Blankey. Pretty freaky.

I thought they were far to easy on MJ. I realize it was satire, but the whole thing about cops planting evidence on all rich black men was carried too far. MJ is such a freak I wouldn't be surprised at the allegations. And it's the kids making the allegations, not the cops. So South Park really seemed to be defending MJ.

Whoa, I hadn't heard that before. I knew the first had that name, but not the second. Does he really think he's a king or something?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought the cops framing rich black men part of the story was a bit weak. Although it was kind of funny when the cop thought he was about to frame a "white" guy and vomiting all over the place.

I don't know if Matt and Trey actually believe that the cops do that and/or have done that to M.J. But "South Park" is their own commentary on society.

Maybe, among other things. He did seem to have some kind of Regal ego thing going on when his "History" album came out with that statue of him on the cover. Wasn't there a video with that theme as well?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

His "King of Pop" nickname was fashioned by him and he insists that it be used. His press secretary was told to promote this name in all material he releases.

As far as being supportive of MJ, would the stupid citizens of South Park do it any differently? Of course they were going to have the cops frame him, but remember, they framed him with drugs and backed off when he was not "black". They were too busy framing the "black" guy to notice how whacked out he was and the fact he was most certainly a pedophile. It's two, two, two satires in one (probably more than that, actually)!

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I thought the whole cops framing innocent rich black men was to point out how ridiculous it was the police depts everywhere are all part of a giant conspiracy to frame them.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

Interesting angle. I remarked to a friend I was watching it with that the only black celebrity I thought might be innocent was Kobe, and there's been no allegations of him being framed by the cops. Perhaps I should watch it again.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Yup, could be that also. I really do not know what the point was, I just know Matt and Trey were "taking the piss" out of much more than Michael. Their humor works on so many levels, it is sometimes hard to pick out who they are criticizing and who they support (except Saddam Hussein, they definitely hate him).

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

Well,...um...yeah...but it was on Comedy Central's broadcast last Independance Day, which ran pretty darned late on the left coast. What can I say; I'm a geezer, I fell asleep a couple of times.

I really liked the earlier parts that I was awake for.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I LOVED the cops subplot. Funniest thing since the 'Lil Crime Stoppers episode. I love it when they put cops into the episodes. "The mayor's gonna have my ASS!":D

Dude! I totally spaced out and missed South Park this week! I've been remembering each week (like right before the show would start), but I totally forgot! Dangit. Oh well, Comedy Central will rerun it tonight probably... and tomorrow night, and Sunday night... =)

When is Season 3 on DVD??

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, me to. I've really had my focus elsewhere these past couple weeks, thank goodness I'll be free from it after this weekend.

Heidi, first let me just welcome you to HTF. Second, the first 3 seasons of South Park are on DVD, and season 4 hits June 29.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks