What's new

Sony KV34XBR800 Reliabilty and Warranties (1 Viewer)

Dick N

Grip
Hi, I'm rather upset that Sony thinks Canadians are less worthy, one year warranty (KV34XBR800) than our American friends, two year warranty.

However my question regards extended warrenty coverage that the electronic stores sell. Is it worth it (Keep the above in mind)? In your experience how reliable is this unit and other Sony's?

My experience with electronics is that they tend to fail early or not at all. However this is a TV with an expensive picture tube so is 10% of the units cost to extend the warranty from one to five years good insurance? Assuming the warranty is worth the paper it is written on; cynic that I am.

Thanks for your opinions, Nick Draper

Ken D.

Grip
I think it depends on who's offering the warranty. I generaly prefer a manufacturer's warranty over third party.

When I bought my RPTV, I bought the 3 year Circuit City warranty because it was extendable after the 3 years. I bought the warranty mostly to give me some peace of mind.

My last tv (a sony 32") died about 5 months after I let the extended manufacturer's warranty lapse....my thinking was that it's been good this long, why bother. I had to pitch the TV because it cost more to repair then I paid for it 6 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks