What's new

Sony HT CT150 questions (1 Viewer)

yule1111

Auditioning
Real Name
yu le
CT150 is hooked up according to manual on page 10 with a) Sony Bravia 52" KDL b) cable box (scientific atlanta explorer) with optical cords between CT150/TV & between CT150/cable-box questions #1 good: pressing SAT/CATV button on remote, i get video & audio bad: pressing TV button on remote, i get only video, no audio ---> how to solve this? #2 i can't change TV channel with CT150 remote (only with cable box remote) all the CT150 remote does is to activate SONY TV to tv port i tried yellow combination (lower left yellow TV) thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have zero idea why you ran the cable and TV separately to the 150. Run the cable box HDMI into the TV, done. Run your other sources(DVD/BD??) To the TV via "whatever". Connect the TV to the 150 via toslink. The 150 is stereo only so there is no point in connecting other stuff straight(unless you have a dvd/bd player and wish to play CD without the TV). Have a feeling once you do that and then turn the audio output "on" in the TV, issues are solved. Some cable box remotes come with a way to set the volume/mute buttons for a "sound system". If not, buy a cheap Harmony/URC...even their $20 ones can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks