Sony ES via mail/online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Woodrow_Stool, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Woodrow_Stool

Woodrow_Stool Auditioning

I've been following the various threads regarding the Sony ES receivers, and I am ready to pull the trigger on a DA4ES box to upgrade my current system, which is currently a recent Yamaha HT receiver driving an NHT speaker farm.

There are no Sony ES dealers even remotely in my area.

Given that I must buy via "mail order" or the 'Net, which dealers offer an "authentic" Sony ES receiver that is fully authorized/under warranty by Sony? Using the new Google "Froogle" service and plugging in "DA4ES" I get dozens of dealers offering the thing for $600 - $700, but no idea which of these are worth doing business with.

I'm not the kind of guy who buys a box, uses it for 29 days, then sends it back expecting a full refund. Other than a receiving system DOA, I'm happy to let the mfr handle the warranty after the sale.

So, who to buy from?

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Try Crutchfield and J&R. Both companies provide excellent customer service, with prices most likely to be better with J&R.
    I am sure others will have more suggestions for you.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

4. AaronWT

AaronWT Agent

I got my 4Es from Sammans.com in August. I had to order it on the phone since they don't list the ES prices. I think it was $640 + $40 for shipping. They aslo packed it very well and double boxed it. I have no complaints. They shipped it the day after I orderd it and I picked it up at UPS 3 days later.

5. Newton

Newton Auditioning

Sony is one of those companies that will honor mail order purchases. Even though they say that there are 'official' authorized ES dealers, they will honor the warranty as long as you have a receipt.
    Give www.oade.com a call. They usually have good prices and have a good mail order reputation also.

6. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

I can help you if you like as well.

7. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

I bought my Sony ES 9000ES and 333ES from Oades two years ago. They gave the best price and shipped to me with no problems. So, I'd recommend Oades from my experience.

8. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Along with Oade, www.onecall.com is an authorized Sony ES dealer. I purchased a DA50ES receiver from them about 4 years ago and had no problem getting service from the local Sony Service Center when the unit had problems (it turned out to be a blown fuse). I also purchased a 555ES SACD/CD player from OneCall.
    I would suggest calling OneCall for their best price. They rarely put their lowest price on the website. I almost always get a better price by calling the toll free number.

9. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

I would recommend Oadebros.com as well. I have bought a Sony ES processor and an Onkyo 989 from them. Excellent to deal with.