What's new

Sony DVP-NS755V and CD-Text??? (1 Viewer)

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony DVP-NS755V and though it states it supports CD-Text I am having a small problem with reading CD-Text from CD-Text encoded discs.

(Yes I am using Sony Music/Affiliates Audio CDs in the player so it isn't a problem of the disc having CD-Text or not).

Anyhow when I put a CD-Text CD in the NS755V it always shows the Album Title and nothing else. It even says it is displaying the Track Title but it is still showing the Album Title for every track on the disc.

I've tried several discs and it seems to do the same for every one

It reads DVD-Text disc titles fine (although I'm not sure if there are DVD-Text CHAPTER titles I'm not getting).

Also it reads all the track ID3 tag titles from MP3 encoded CDs without problems either and shows both Album and Track titles fine with MP3 CDs.

But with CD-Text discs it just always displays Album Title. The same discs show the titles fine on CD-Text capable car CD players but on the NS755V it is just Album Title eventhough it says it is displaying the Track Title.

Has anyone else had this problem or know if I'm doing something wrong? The manual has very little information on viewing CD-Text and I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if this is a model bug or if something is wrong with my individual unit.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks