What's new

Sony DA5ES: DPLII Movie for TV and DPLII Music for CD! Plus other tweaks. (1 Viewer)

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
I think I might have figured this out, but I am not sure if I can recreate it and I don't want to mess with it now.

Here's the issue. On the Sony DA5ES it remembers your surround channel (or 2-channel) settings for each input. It seemed that if you wanted to use DPLII movie for the TV and DPLII music for the CD, you would need to go into the surround sub-menu and change the parameter to music or movie. It was as if the receiver only remembered you wanted DPLII. I think I found a fix.

On the TV setting, I am using Cinema B as a surround setting. Remember that this sits on top of your surround decoding.

Yesterday I was tweaking my system on the CD input, which was also set like the Sat except I was on DPLII music. While on CS I used the remote to change the surround... I messed around with the 2ch stereo setting and also the multi/2ch direct setting. (The direct setting had no sound because I am hooked up via the digital input.) I changed the surround to "normal surround" instead of Cinema B...and there it was. Going back to the receiver, it would not let me select DPLII Movie, only Music. I switched back to the TV, and it switched back to DPLII Movie. Switched again... you get the picture..

In summary, try this:

1) Switch to CD setting

2) Using the remote switch to surround->2CH streo to get 2 ch stereo.

3) Using the remote switch to surround->normal surround

4) Go to the receiver and hit surround->DPLII Music.

If that did not work, after step 2. try switching to multi/2ch direct then to normal surround, or multi/2ch direct and back to 2ch stereo.

On the TV setting, I am using Cinema B as a surround setting. Remember that this sits on top of your surround decoding.

Yesterday I was tweaking my system on the CD input, which was also set like the Sat except I was on DPLII music. While on CS I used the remote to change the surround... I messed around with the 2ch stereo setting and also the multi/2ch direct setting. (The direct setting had no sound because I am hooked up via the digital input.) I changed the surround to "normal surround" instead of Cinema B...and there it was. Going back to the receiver, it would not let me select DPLII Movie, only Music. I switched back to the TV, and it switched back to DPLII Movie. Switched again... you get the picture..

Hope this helps! If you find out more, add it here.

Boy, this receiver just got that much better.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Warren

So far no luck, tell me do you always

have in the surround screen parameters

as the first listing 2CH Decoding and 2CH Mode, as I understand it normal for the DA5ES. I now aways

have PRO LOGIC as the first listing no matter what SF set normal for the DA3ES.

When my receiver was acting normally

I could go to PLII music by selecting normal surround in fact thats the last time as I remember it worked normally.

I tryed analog CD input but still PRO

LOGIC, I,ve tryed just about everything

short of kicking the tires any this only because I couldn,t find them. Best regards and thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks