What's new

Sony Components configuration help needed. (1 Viewer)

Amit Patel

Agent
I have a home theater system with all SONY components; I have few questions about configuration for my system. Following are my components
SONY Receiver STR-DA555ES
SONY TV 61HS10
SONY VCR 91HFM
SONY DVP-CX850D 200 DISC DVD player
How can I configure all components so that, If I press DVD/CD on my Receiver should turn DVD player and TV on and put TV on VIDEO-5 mode.
If I press VIDEO-1 on my receiver, should turn TV and VCR both on and put TV on VIDEO-1 mode.
Any suggestion appreciated
Thanks

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
The hitch is the TV. No amount of fiddling I've done enables the Sony RPTV to go to the right input. To my knowledge, there is no way to "tell" the TV that a certain input should be activated when a certain output is selected. A macro enabled remote would do it tho.
Pete
------------------

Rob Peloski

Agent
Using the s-link system will add some of the behavior you like provided the individual components support it. (I have one connection from my DVD to my Receiver...when I hit play on my dvd my receiver changes to the right mode). However, I have little experience with S-link and TV's because my Wega isn't a high enough model to have s-link. My guess is that it will only work if there is some way of telling the TV that x input is for x device.
I think the best suggestion would be to get a really good remote with macro support so you can program it to turn on the required equipment and set it to the right mode. Remember that timing is important (for instance most TV's won't accept commands immedietly after being turned on)
I like my Sony RM-AV2100 remote but there are other alternatives that may or may not be better for you.
[Edited last by Rob Peloski on September 05, 2001 at 08:48 PM]

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
I have an older Wega, but this should apply. Each video input has an s-link. When my DVD player plays the receiver turns on to the DVD input and my Wega turns on if it's off, and switches to the DVD input. The system doesn't work the other way around though. It's dependent on the DVD player doing auto play when you insert a disk, or when you hit play on the remote. It will not turn on the receiver or the DVD player just by switching the input to DVD. However if you hook up the s-link out from the TV to the s-link in on the receiver it will turn on the receiver every time you turn on the TV. This I didn't like so I disconnected that feature. Also like I said when the DVD player sends the play command it turns on the TV even if you put an audio cd into the DVD player. Please post a follow up question if I confused you, didn't use the right terminology, Etc.
------------------

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
One word: Pronto.
I have very similar components as you and have given up on the S-link system working as I want it to. Get a programmable remote (IMHO the Pronto is the most flexible) and set it up to do what you want. One great thing about the Pronto is that you can enter discrete codes that allow you to switch directly to any video input on your HS10. For example, I've got my Pronto programmed to switch my S9000ES DVD player on, my 50ES receiver on AND to A.F.D. mode, and my HS10 on and to Video 5...all with the push of a button. I've even got a macro programmed that allows you to toggle between 4:3 and 16:9 modes in Video 5 with a single key press.
Check out remotecentral.com for more info on programmable remotes.
------------------
Check out my HT pics and my DVD list !
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks