What's new

Something needs to be done about potential Darkwing Duck Edits (1 Viewer)

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
Asd many of you all know, there was a bulletin posted on TVShowsondvd.com which rumored that Darkwing Duck could be headed to DVD. While good news, that presents a grave problem.

You See, Darkwing Duck, like many of the Disney Afternoon shows, had several of it's episodes edited sometime around 2001 (for broadcast on Toon Disney) to remove potentially objectionable content (such as guns, destruction, etc.). In fact, Darkwing Duck might have had the most edits applied to it. A Friend of Mine has recieved "Common knowledge" that the recently release Cnip 'n' Dale rescue Rangers DVD used some of these Toon Disney edits, and believes that the same will happen to Darkwing Duck. That's Why I'm trying to rally a conscious effort to petiton Disney to not use the Toon Dinsey edits and bring the issue to Disney before the set's enter production. Something need to be done.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I have the phone number/email address for Buena Vista.

1-800-723-4763

You can also e-mail them here:
[email protected]

If you haven't seen the thread Disney to release Darkwing Duck to DVD, the pilot episode "Darkly Dawns the Duck" was edited, and was made into a two-parter. It was restored for the home video release. If they do include the pilot, I would hope it would also be unedited.

I'm in the process of trying to get Tad Stones involved with this DVD. I don't know if it will happen, but we'll see.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
If you have any thoughts, I'll do what I can to help. This is my favorite cartoon of its ilk and while I've long-awaited Darkwing dawning on DVD, this has long been a fear of mine. In the meantime, I'll get to writing a letter or two.

A good luck, Chris, getting ahold of Tad Stones. Years ago, I had his email address, back when he posted on rec.arts.disney.animation. Even if I have it still, I'm sure it's outdated.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Thanks. I got an email yesterday. He said he doesn't think his involvement will happen. He was never contacted for "Chip 'n Dale's Rescue Rangers", and said "Gargoyles" (which I mentioned in the email to him) was for the collectors. He also mentioned that the "Disney Afternoon" shows "are slanted toward Mom’s picking up videos at Walmart and sales wouldn’t be affected by the addition of extras".

If you want to check out his blog to see what he's currently working on:

http://hellboyanimated.typepad.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks