What's new

Something More About Mary Dvd Quality Question (1 Viewer)

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked this set up the other day. Is it just me or does the sound not seem extremely good? It is clear but it doesn't seem very clean and discrete. Also whats your opinions on the picture quality... I think its a little blah as well.

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched "There's Something More About Mary" and thought the picture and sound was so much better than the first release. However, I did notice that the color was just a little bit stronger on the non-anamorphic release.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
If you watch closely during the golf scene that was added after the therapy scene you'll see the frame jump (widescreen) just before Ben is pooped on.

I did find that the audio didn't take advantage of the 5.1, but it was pretty clear.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
That jump is because of a lost frame of negative. The shot of Ben Stiller getting pooped on was cut into the "Build Me Up Buttercup" credits montage, and when it was taken out of the negative, one frame was forever lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks