What's new

Some interesting Turtle Video game news: Two Gamecube versions? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just completed another interview with the new shows cast member, this time the voice actor who performed Splinter. He revealed some interesting gamecube news..

Can be found here

8)What was it like voicing Splinter for the videogame? Was the entire cast present and accounted for for the recording? I'm also interested in how the in game animation looked. Does it match the show? Also, is there a plot line in the game, or are the scenes recorded just to tie the levels together?

ANSWER:
The videogame was recorded in three different sessions, each a couple months apart. We may even have one more recording session for fixes. There are two different versions, one produced by Konami Japan and one produced by Konami Hawaii. They have different writers, producers and also have different formats. The Japan version has little vignettes/scenes interspersed throughout the action. We got a chance to play the demo version of the game
and even though I'm not a videogame freak, I thought it was really cool. The Hawaii version is more thorough and seems to incorporate a lot of dialogue throughout the
entire game. There are even outtakes in the Hawaii version. The Japan version we more or less recorded as a group (all Turtles in the booth at once, often with April,
Casey, etc joining them). The Hawaii version was recorded actor by actor (each actor in the booth alone). Japan's videogame characters are Turtles, Splinter, Shredder,
Casey, April, Hun, Stockman, Harry, Quarry, Thug and Razor Fist. Hawaii's are Turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Hun, Casey, April and a Foot Ninja.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks