What's new

Some how this touched me (1 Viewer)

DanaA

Screenwriter
I was over at the AVS forum and noticed a link about donating money to support their site. When I opened it, the message read that if we wanted to donate money, they'd appreciate it if we donated to ELF, which is a home theater industry sponsored group which goes about setting up snall home theaters for children stuck in hospitals. I clicked on the photographs and they touched me so much that I felt compelled to donate. Just thought I'd post this if anyone else is interested.

Click here for info

They describe it as bringing a field trip to the hospital. They come out and have family activities, then it's movie time. I just think of the scene in Sullivan's Travels where the convicts go to the theater and laugh their hearts out, forgetting their troubles for a moment.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I try to donate money whenever possible. My latest donation was to the "Make a Wish Foundation". I also bought a calendar that features a kid each month with a quote like "I can't believe my dream has come true! This has been the best day of my life". I get steamy eyed everytime I see it.

I love donating to charities that specialize in helping children out :)

DanaA

Screenwriter
I've donated to Make a Wish Foundation too. It does make you feel great to bring some joy into a child's life. I remember that once my donation went to a teenaged girl with leukemia. Her dream was twofold: to go to Disneyland and to meet her favorite actor/director. I actually got to speak with her after the trip and she said Ron Howard, her favorite actor/director was simply wonderful. He not only spent a couple of days with her, but let her sit beside him on the set of his latest film, always treating her like a princess. I've always been a Ron Howard fan since then.

DanaA

Screenwriter

Actually, if I remember correctly, they allowed me to designate the money for a specific individual. She lived in our neighborhood and people asked for donations in her behalf. And, yes, Ron Howard definitely seems to be one of Hollywood's good guys who doesn't let it all get to his head. He's the man!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,

Usually, I prefer that members contact the owners
of this site befire posting any threads asking to
make donations to any cause.

I'll make an exception in this case. I am very
familiar with the ELF foundation. It is an
extremely good cause and I am happy that AVS is
using its exposure to help it further.

Just for future reference, please be aware that
any future donation threads should be cleared by
us first. Thanks.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Damn, Ron, I was about to solicit donations for the Sons of "Vid" and Ila Vidyarthi Foundation.

-j (vidyarthi)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks